1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comcast Sucks!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by marksind, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From everyone's comments it sounds like most providers have some level of suckiness! Still, Comcast outdoes them all on poor customer service, as evidenced by their #1 ranking in that regard year after year in surveys. Outsourcing all their billing inquiries to Mexico recently shows their indifference (or outright contempt) toward the issue.

Sonya, I share your pain re: Puget Sound Energy. Another monopoly that is now foreign (Canadian) owned. I live just north of Redmond in a relatively developed area. When the breeze blows strong for very long we can count on a power outage. Many homes in my neighborhood have backup generators. Hasn't improved in the eighteen years we've been in this house. It's actually gotten worse since Weyerhauser put big residential developments in a couple of miles to the east. Also, notice how your natural gas bill hasn't declined even though it is now selling for about a quarter of what it was a few years ago?

2. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm on PSE myself and fortunately, haven't had a serious outage in years. It's a long established neighborhood in south Burien, so the lack of new development helps. The trimming program in the last years has also helped, but PSE does have it's issues with long outages in new areas.

I called Comcast about a year ago to drop my land line that I didn't anymore. The rep said it would actually cost more that way. I told him my bundle discount was $30/mo and the line cost $50/mo, so how could it be more? He told me that's not how it's calculated. I was getting the info off of the bill they send out, so maybe I should just go to Direct Tv if their bills weren't truthfull. He quickly transferred me to a retention agent. Net result was a roughly $100 reduction in monthly charges. I've had other friends do the same. As a matter of fact it's about time to call again to tell them I'm switching! I hate being scammed.

The same goes for T-Mobile. I switched a family plan from my nephew's name to mine. He has bad credit now due to a forclosure and I have 800+ rating. We both went to the TM office and spent almost Two Hours on a change the should have taken 20 minutes max. My first bill came and it was way high so there goes another 45 min. Next bill comes at the correct rate, but back in my nephew's name!! I'll have time after the first of the year for switching to another carrier. These companies just don't get it.

Good Luck!
    Ric at Joes

3. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mom was told she needed a new set top cable box... Comcast ordered it for her... sent her a wireless gateway...

Comcast sucks

4. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, we are getting that nag on our tv also. I am going to have Comcast come to the house and change it out. I know that they will charge for that, but I do not want to be responsible if something doesn't go right. BTW, we have had Comcast for a very long time and as much as I would like to join in, we really haven't had much of an issue with the service. We only have cable through them.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  5. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had the best success going into the Comcast store and talking to someone. I've never once been happy on the phone or online.
    I think it might help that the people in the store know that you know where they work and if you aren't happy you're going to be back for a face to face conversation LOL

6. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK so here is my most recent Comcast experience:

So earlier in the week I called to ask a question or two about getting a new set top box to replace our old one. I did not have any information like our account # or my spouses last 4 digits of her ssn so I was not able to set up an appointment. No big deal, I was going to call back and set it up. Well, the next day, my wife gets an email saying that they are coming on Saturday (1/9) between 1pm and 3pm. I thought ok that saves me another call because I was going to do it anyway. So the guy gets here at about 1:10pm (not bad!). He says "I am here to give you a longer cable and you requested a Spanish speaking technician". I looked at him and said "No you are replacing our set top box and I don't speak Spanish!." He chuckled and said "Ok". Luckily he had a new box and was more than happy to install it. He had the correct name and address on his work order, but totally the wrong instructions. Kinda funny but another glaring example of total incompetence of their phone support.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  7. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They set wrong activation code for her new box.. it wiped out Internet and phone and cable when I activated new box... she was without phone for 24 hrs... and never has cell on.. I was so mad.

Had to go to her 3 times to fix it. The tech support could not fix the phone issue. Had to have someone in america call to fix it.

I did get her a $25 credit [emoji4]

8. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with bswim about getting better results in person than over the phone. Problem is that for my Gig Harbor friends, that involves a 40-minute drive one way and a $5 bridge toll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.