1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It pays to book way ahead

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Tahoejoe2, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading to Las Vegas Superbowl weekend. Staying at Harrahs
    I booked my room in September for 4 nights. Arrive Thurs., leave Mon. Comp Thurs., $19 Fri., $49 Sat. and comp Sunday. Total with tax and resort fee = $189.
    Looked up price today. $1000.
    It pays to book in advance.:thumbsup:

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked mine in May. 5 nights, it cost me $68 plus resort fees, so like about $200 total. I checked yesterday an it was almost $800 total. I must be on the same level as you Joe, I was COMP all week except for Fri/Sat and paid the same as you did for those days. This is the first year in three years I have paid anything at all. I don't complain or mind its not bad for just a little pecking away at the VP bars.

3. charliepeete

charliepeete Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just got an invite yesterday for 3 comped nights plus their superbowl party................i guessed they liked how i played there a month ago......lol

4. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked, 3 nights fully comped, plus invitation to party, no resort fee.
    If you have to pay for the room, yes, early is the way to go.

5. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your time clock is off if you are going to the Superbowl?

6. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same is true for CES. I had offers for comped rooms @ multiple CET hotels for the CES timeframe. I think I noticed it in April (booked when I thought I was going). To compare, I think even Harrahs was going for ~$150/night for CES at that time (might've been more...it was definitely the most expensive rate I'd ever seen there). So I guess they just load up these offers well in advance without any sorts of blackout dates, which is great for us. I don't think MLife shares offers that far in advance, and I know Cosmo doesn't. I think the latter two maybe give you a quarter or so of advance booking time.

7. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It pays to keep checking and book when the price is right, and then to keep checking in case it even gets better since it's easy to cancel.

8. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smart move Joe, always good to have more $ to play with.

Based on my offer, I contacted Paris tonight for the Big game Party and asked to stay at Bally's. I guess that move is upsetting the CZR gods lol. Had to connect me to my host, who is no longer listed in the system, host on duty did not think it will be a problem but will get back to confirm. I am sure it is not a request they get too often to go to Bally's instead of Paris.

Good Luck out there be sure to bring back some of Harrah's cash

9. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I knew I should have locked up rooms for 2016 @ CET when I knew my last Oct trip was going to be a no-play deal. FML. MLife better be good to me now.

10. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good catch! that's another business trip at late Feb which I booked long time ago. Looks like I am going to do two trips in two weeks!

11. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I will mention one issue with booking too early...you may not receive any offers for those particular dates, when they are sent out to the masses. As an example...I booked Jan 8th weekend (CES weekend) at Caesars way in advance...comped room. Later on, CET started sending out the Free TV offers, but I never received the offer...online or snail mail. I ended up calling TR and asked about it and they said since I had already booked those dates, the offer was never sent to me. However, I am still eligible for the offer, so I just had to cancel the original reservation in order to rebook with the TV offer. If not for seeing everyone talk about the TV offer, and then calling about it, I would have never known about it.

12. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't count on that!
    Mlife seems really tightening their belts nowadays.

13. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second that!
    And my experience is, if you have too many pending reservations already booked, it will negatively affect your future offers. At least that's what I thought.

14. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've received an the same offer from the B for Jan/Feb: 2 Sun-Thurs Comp. Fri-Sat from $109 + $150 Resort Credit. I'm still waiting on Aria as that is where I did 90% of my play.

15. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET email offer: 2 nights +$40 FP at any property for Jan/Feb. All is not lost I guess

16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For dates when there are events, I agree it pays to book CET far in advance. But outside of that, it also pays to keep checking.

Over the past year or so, CET has been doing more offers targeting very short date ranges where they project lower occupancy, but those offers don't become available until a month or so beforehand.

My last trip in July and my upcoming one at the end of January, I originally booked 7 nights at Caesars, 5 comped + 2 paid, with $100 free play and $50 resort credit, using an offer I get all the time.

For both trips, about a month before arrival, I got an offer for $200 freeplay that was valid for my arrival dates. So I called and rebooked, and not only do I net +$50 in freebies by changing the offer, but the price of the paid nights came down significantly (by almost $200 total each time).

17. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't doubt sindustry's account, but it hasn't been my experience with either MLife or CET that having a booking will prevent offers from coming through for the same dates, maybe it's true at higher levels or for certain offers.

I will say though that my previous understanding was that CET would let you have 5 open reservations, but when I called a week or so ago to rebook one, the agent said it was 2. After the rebooking, I now have 3, so I guess they can override it, but it appears if you try to use the website, it enforces the limit of 2 and you have to call.

18. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I currently have three- two in Vegas and one in A/C- all done online. What it won't let you do is book another reservation within a week of your current one.

19. Snickers99

Snickers99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do this. Last year, booked my trip four months in advance at, I think, Flamingo. Thought it was an OK price. Checked later, price dropped so cancel/rebook. Later, there was a great rate at Linq so cancel/book at Linq. Think ended up saving a couple hundred. Sometimes it takes a little while to get your deposit back but that's OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.