1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gordon Ramsay Stek @ Paris vs Strip House @PH. Who has eaten at both?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LV_Bound, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at GR Steak twice. Both times had the Ribcap and both times it was awesome.
    Next trip to GR Steak I am thinking about ordering the A5.

Never ate at the Strip House always wanted to give it a try as I like to try at least one new food place each trip.
    Based on their menu they seem to have the standard cuts (NY Strip, Porterhouse.....). Nothing unique like the Ribcap or A5.

For those who have eaten at both, which do you prefer and which cut would you recommend?
    Should I bother even trying the Strip House or just stick with GR Steak?

I am curious if there is one overwhelming favorite.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to eat at SH all the time when I would go for conferences - it's a good solo dining spot - sit at bar and watch TV talk to bartenders etc. - always had great meal

The don't have anything as good as the rib cap tho - I would try it for change of pace tho

Been 3 years for me gonna try and get back there

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten at both. For my tastes, I would rate Gordon Ramsay's Steak as the winner.

IMHO, The food at Gordon Ramsay's Steak was just a touch better. I had lamb chops at both restaurants. My overall impression at the Strip was that they were trying "too hard". Some people appreciate that level of service, but it was wasted on me.

I would suggest that you should try "the Strip", just so that you have a reference point

I like Gordon Ramsay's Steak enough that I am having my (belated) birthday dinner there at the end of the month.

4. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eaten at both, and if given the choice, would always take GR Steak.

Food was slightly better at GR, and the overall experience was better, too.

5. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was debating the same but I just book my reservation at GR last night. I am torn between beef wellington or the rib cap. I am solo so may do rib cap as I do not want to look lonely waiting for wellington!

I am going on Sunday 17th. They only had reservations for 2 [cannot book 1] at 530 or 845 9 or 915. So make reservations early.

6. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    chances are if you go at a popular hour the wait for the beef wellington isn't too long, they know it is a big seller...........when we were there in Oct about 530 pm it arrived shortly after the appetizer...........for me the beef wellington is over rated, but the pork belly appetizer was one of the best things I have ever had!!:thumbsup: enjoy!!

7. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep wanting to try something else, but at decision time I always choose the rib cap, it's just so damn good.

8. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although it's been awhile since I ate at Strip House, we were at Ramsay's just before Christmas. To me there is no comparison in either food or service. Ramsay's wins by a mile.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.