1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Annoying commercials from last year.and 2016 morons ,so far

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I watch too much tv ,but the two that come to mind are the two senior idiots that run all over just talking about Consumer Cellular and the one with Peter Pan at his HS reunion,that one has such a minimal impact on me that I dont even remember who it's for..
    And my idiots of the new year here so far are the two morons who shoplifted some stuff and ran out to the parking lot only to find out they locked their keys in their car.

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen on that Peter Pan.... I'd so smack that little bastard in the mouth

3. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone besides me ever wonder how much less expensive car insurance premiums would be if car insurance companies didn't spend millions in television advertising?

The one I hate the most? The girl who named her car "Brad". She's pathetic. She needs to be banished to a deserted island and never heard from again. Ugh!

As an aside, the Progressive commercials are pretty funny. "Sprinkles are for winners." But it won't convince me to buy a policy from them.

4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For some reason "The Clapper" ads have returned with a vengeance up here..Clap on! Clap off!..
    My wife is annoyed by "The General" cartoon character advertising insurance.

The "This isn't lactose--it's milk" Progressive ads with Flo were my favorite of the year--the farm boy in me finds it funny.

-Richard

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The most annoying to me is probably regional, for Cox Cable, with an insipid "Food, glorious food" theme which they play OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER on all stations in our market!

I did not see it in Las Vegas, even though they are also served by Cox.

To me, commercials are only annoying if they are repeated too much!

6. TexasLady

TexasLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The morons in the Sonic commercials

7. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The annoying Trivago dude!

8. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't stand the Geico commercials that basically just say, "If you want to save 15% or more on car insurance, you go to Geico. It's what you do." (The Peter Pan one is among these.) To me, that basically says, "We have nothing new to offer. Now that there are more competitors in the marketplace, we're just spewing our same ol' 15% in 15 minutes line. We can't innovate, so we're just falling back on the same old ancient marketing line. Hell, we should just resort to, 'Save 15% in 15 minutes 15 years ago'. We can't come up with a solitary thing that bests other companies in this field."

9. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All are annoying and that is why I don't watch "live" tv, except for sports. Even there the commercial breaks are getting longer and longer. They keep talking about speeding up baseball games. Well, duh! It is interesting to note on tv shows on Netflix how hour shows now have 20 minutes of commercials. Some are actually decent the first 5000 times, but after that lose their luster. Special hate to the Dr. Pepper stadium vendor spots.

10. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with pretty much all of the above and will add the stupid Burger King "$1.49 for nuggets" that they are running right now. Also, I have never figured out why they have been using that monster in their ads for years, can it get any creepier? It makes you wonder what ideas didn't make the cut...

I'm with Hotreds. I seldom watch live TV either. I even don't start watching a sporting event until it is about a hour into it. That way, I can FF through the commercials. I sometimes catch up, but not often. It also works great to FF during rains delays.

11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bingo to this! I can't stand the a-hole in the passenger seat. It's a great reason to stay away from Sonic, the fear that I might run into those buttheads.

Yes and The Burger King and the debate. That son of a bitch gives me the creeps. It's like a costume someone would wear the B&D sex party.

In the Peter Pan disaster, it's supposed to be the class of '65, so those people be between 67 and 69. Only the dummies who had gotten left back at some point would be 70. Peter would go straight to the Boy's Room for a swirling.

12. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Peter Pan one ticks me off, largely because the old guy looks like an old Boomer Esiason. Plus PP is a dick

Annual me and Pete
  13. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being an animal lover, my favorite now is the Amazon Prime commercial where the woman gets a miniature horse, and the big horses run away it from it, leaving it all alone. So she orders a large pet door so the horse can come in the house.

14. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being a female lover, my favorites are the AT&T commercials. That brunette is sweet, I would like to kiss her for about 5 hours

Annual me and Pete
  15. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alex Trebek shilling life insurance, it goes on for two minutes, just shut up already.

No reason to go home yet.
  16. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Life Alert. I've seen Granny on the ground so many times I'm ready to throw a rug over her and call it done.

17. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can banish the girl who named her car brad to my bedroom!

I like the progressive PSA's "This is lactose, it's milk!"

18. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate most commercials, although there are a few that are funny or cute. I usually DVR almost everything I watch, then FF through the damn commercials.

19. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, she has a sweet huggable ass, too!

I think Jan from Toyota would be a tigress in bed.

20. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What really irritates the shit out of me is ANY commercial that has a disclaimer at the end, talking SO FAST that NOBODY can even decipher what the fuck that bastard is disclaiming.

It just makes you think that the original ad statement is just full of shit. These kinds of commercials are just rubbish. That on-going (seems like forever) gibberish at the end really pisses me off.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.