1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Strip view

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by mattjs33, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard that the Strip view rooms at Flamingo are subject to noise at night from the nightclub across the street at Caesars. Is this a problem on weekends only or is it all week?

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never heard of a noise issue from Caesars.....? We were in a strip view Go Room for NYE week....didn't hear anything at all.

3. Diva21

Diva21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you mean from Drai's at Cromwell? If you're on that side of the Flamingo, you might hear some noise from Drai's, but it is unlikely. I had a Strip view GO room over there when they were remodeling and heard a lot of construction noise, but nothing once they were done. There's no nightclub in front of Caesars.

4. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read on a blog, I forget which one, that someone stayed in a Strip view room and could hear noise from Omnia. They have an outdoor terrace? Just wondering if anyone else had heard this.

Over at Paris we've had noise from Chateau of course but it seems to have been limited to Friday and Saturday nights. Was wondering if it was the same over there.

Or maybe I misread, I dunno.

5. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ummmmmm you sleep in Vegas???????

6. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, actually I do. I'm 43 and while I can pretty much stay up as long as I'm determined, I'm also old enough to know when I can use some rest.

Anyway I'm asking because I'm getting my mother-in-law set up over there and believe it or not I kinda like her. I'm thinking she'd like the strip view but don't think she'd like the constant untz-untz-untz if it was audible. It's midweek so I'm thinking it shouldn't be a problem, but trying to verify.

7. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were on a high floor Go room with a strip view- fountains to the right- and heard next to nothing at night. We were up and across from the Linq walk that was very colorful at night. 21st floor, if I remember correctly.

8. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was on the top floor, strip view, directly across from Caesars, wow what a view!...........heard nothing but very faint sirens on the strip, of course this was in early Dec and mid week so the niteclub noise might have been minimal at that time.........one little hint about noise, leave the bathroom fan running and it will create "white noise" which tends to mask other sounds.......

9. IanP22

IanP22 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought I had read that the terrace at Omnia was closed at the moment on another thread but that is likely only due to weather right now. Not sure when your trip is scheduled for.

I was in a strip view GO room in August 2014 over a weekend (think it was 24th floor) and can't recall any noise concerns, but that might have been when there was transition between Pure and Omnia.

10. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the type of room I had in mind. It would be midweek late February so like IanP also asked, that might be the same scenario for noise as you folks experienced.

Thanks for the answers!

11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at the Flamingo this summer for the first time in over 20 years. I know nothing about the place anymore. There's 12 of us, ranging from age 21 to 80. I believe we are going to stay in GO rooms. The studio rooms are larger but man oh man are they dated. Square tube TV? Seriously? :)

12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a strip view Go Room at Flamingo for five days -- 12/29 to 1/3. I often heard a heavy base sound, sometimes during the DAY, which I didn't understand. I assumed it was Drai's as that would have seemed a big distance to hear it from Omnia. The base was strong; I could almost feel it, even though I was on the 24th floor. If I were to stay at the Flamingo again I would still pick that room because the view was fantastic but feeling and hearing the base was annoying.

13. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't stayed in one in a couple of years but when we did we could definitely hear the bass when it was Pure.

14. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed many nights at the Flamingo and the noise I heard was Drai's. It was VERY loud from the strip view rooms facing Flamingo/Cromwell/Fountains and could still easily be heard from the strip view rooms facing Caesar's. I was on the 26th floor and it lasts until 4am. I've not noticed it much during the winter months, altho FFlowers says above that she heard it over NYE. In the summer months, Drai's has an outdoor area and it is LOUD. I took sleeping pills and slept through it, but that thump thump thump base really gets on your nerves after awhile. If you're on the south side of the property, there's not a floor high enough to get away from it! Enjoy your trip!
    diane

15. NYNJMINC

NYNJMINC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone ever stayed in a studio room at Flamingo?

16. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking at those myself. They are large and great price. But they are also dated. They haven't been redone in a long time and still have the square tube TV (if that matters to you). My girlfriend called the Flamingo to get some info on other rooms and asked about the studio and the guy said "it's been quite awhile" since they were updated. That's why they are so affordable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.