1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lets talk Boyd comps, specifically silver and gold card

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ajp, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok I know what the silver and gold cards for the Boyd properties are, but I am curious what sort of play is needed to get each one. On my last trip I stayed 3 days 2 nights and managed around 16k coin in on video poker. Also for the silver card what restaurants downtown are not included?

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Redwood and Second St are not. Pasta Pirate used to be, but I don't know about the new place.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple we meet there usually gets a silver card. I'll ask next week.

At Sam's Town I know Billy Bob's was not included.

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    16k coin in, over how many days of play?
    We've been averaging a little over $10k per day for our last couple of trips. Last trip our food was comped-off when we talked to a host on our last night.

5. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $10K a day coin in gets me gold card plus limo. Your $8K a day might be enough, certainly enough for silver I would think. Check with a host.

For offers, you've got to be very careful about maintaining your daily average. Whatever your number is typically, $5K, $8K, or $10K a day, either hit it or don't play on your card at all.

6. Samstown man

Samstown man MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im still trying to figure out what I did wrong to Sams town to be treated the way I am atm. I was Gold when I left the last time and have been RFB'd since back in the early 2000s.
    On my last ntrip I was down about 10K at the Mandalay Bay and had my last three nights at ST, and got lucky and won 12K at ST. Ever since my host Johnny has left and I tried to get a new host and was given the cold shoulder from the VP of operations saying I will not be assigned a new host. :( Yet Orleans gives me RFB status.

7. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played all three days so closer to 5k per day.

8. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did they change their cards? Mine is blue (sapphire)

9. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never asked, (and my Brother-in-law always scolds me on this) but I think I at least qualify for a silver card.

To get one do you have to ask at the Bconnected desk? Or at the Emerald services desk?

And if I do get one is it only for the duration of my trip?

10. Electroguy563

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might be misunderstanding what the silver and gold cards are. These are separate from your Sapphire card. Your Sapphire card identifies you for certain benefits relative to the tier that you hold.

The gold and silver cards at the Boyd properties enable you to eat and drink at their restaurants free. Its a neat perk reserved for those who gamble at certain levels to qualify.

11. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK thanks

12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, expires on check out date at noon. also, the longest they ever issue it to me is a 5 day trip. if we're staying an extra day, i have to see the host to extend it.

13. Electroguy563

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Joe. I just might inquire about this. I used to play craps about 90% of the time and machines 10% of the time but now it's about 60/40. I sometimes feel they forget to rate me at the tables since that one time the boxman noticed I wasn't even in the computer at their table even though I was playing there for over 3 hrs.

14. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, I asked the couple that's gotten Silver Cards in the past and here's what they say. This was last week so it's current.

Over the past few trips they no longer get the Silver Card but they do get instead $70 to $100 per day of food and beverage credit. They just charge things to the room and the first $70-100 is waived. The good thing they like about this is that even Billy Bob's is included, which was excluded from the Silver Card.

That's the current story I got. :) Hope it helps. :)

15. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is there coin in?

16. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked but they didn't have a clue, or at least claimed not to. :) :) He plays video poker, $1 level, max coins. She plays mostly penny slots and lower denom. VP on the same card.

We don't get the free food and drink. We both play mostly quarter (and even nickel) VP and penny slots. This year we got all 5 nights free at Sams Town, a first. We usually get 2-3 nights. I would say that on this trip, all of us gave them at least 3-4 hours of playing time per day. There was a third couple with us (actually a trio this time) who got a good hotel rate but not a freebee.

17. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sadly with out knowing coin in it is tough to figure out. I was hoping that if I did 7k coin in per day I could get the room and a silver card.

18. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a fair idea of how much I put through in a day like that. I figure 4-5 hands a minute, on average with VP, at $1.25 a pop. That's about $5-6 per minute coin in. Multiply that out and you get $1200-$1500 (coin in, not loss) per day. Of the two of us, I play a bit more. We got the room with that level of play from the last few sessions there. We don't get a Silver Card or anything like that. LOL, we did get enough points for breakfast for two at the buffet once. :) :) :) I guess you can call it a food comp! :) :) :)

19. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!
    We average about 10k a day at Orleans. Last trip we had 8 out of 10 days comped up front. Orleans doesn't have Gold/Silver cards. Our host just tells us to charge stuff to our room. Including Spa services. Before we left, our host comped off everything, which was around $700.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.