1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tropicana comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Supermep, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supermep

Supermep Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all, new here and just had a question.

I've been to Vegas 6 times now and my wife and just went back in October of this year. We finally signed up for rewards cards at every place we gambled at.

We both play myvegas now and our last trip we used some rewards at the various mgm properties. Buffets, free drinks and free ticket to the aquarium at Mandalay Bay.

Anywho we actually ended up spending a lot of time and money at the tropicana. We bought a Groupon to see a comedian and ate at a nice place upstairs and spent about $150 on dinner then went downstairs and gambled about $200.

We went back the next day and had gotten two free tickets to see raiding the rock vault (which was awesome). We again gambled about another $200 and left the next day. We didn't stay at the tropicana (we stayed at hooters first 3 nights then moved to hard rock for two nights).

Now my question is we just got a thing in the mail from tropicana offering 3 nights for free and $75 freeplay. Have to use it by the end of March. We don't really want to go back so soon (we've gone in October for the past 3 years kind of a tradition now). But that's a pretty sweet deal.

Do you think they would offer something similar again? Or is this going to be one of those if you don't use it nice knowing you things? Appreciate any advice. Thanks :)

2. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the thread, and glad you and the wife enjoyed your recent trip to Vegas.

In my experience, most properties tend to keep you on their radar for about 12 months, at least for marketing offers like you received there.

I can't speak specifically to Trop, as it isn't really a property we visit much ourselves, and they're also now under Penn National, so not sure if that will change their past practices or not.

Honestly, if you know for sure you'd like to return in October, you can do a couple things. First would be to just call and see if they would let you go ahead and book the offer for October; alternatively (or if they decline - which they likely will, as those offers normally can only be booked for the time period offered), I would hold onto that offer and if you don't get one later in the year, call them up and let them know what you got and if they'd still honor it. That's the nice thing about Vegas, is even if you take a while off and may no longer be getting marketing offers, if you have that relationship established, you can sometimes call up and still get an offer.

Taking the wife to a work conference
  3. Supermep

Supermep Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a really good idea! I will try that and report in on what they do. Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.