1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Arriving early to the Flamingo during busy week

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Paragon716, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paragon716

Paragon716 Tourist

Hey all. I'm kind of a Vegas noob. What is the likeliness of a room being available or being accommodated if I arrive a day early during a convention week at the Flamingo? I'm booked for 5 days currently and there's a possibility that I will be getting in a day early. So I was curious if I walked in, would they be able to take care of me during a week where a big convention is going on.

2. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Why don't you add the day now and then call them 48 hours before your trip and cancel the day if not needed. You risk a crazy price for the additional day.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They will email you the morning of check in really early and you can check in online and pay the extra fee for the early check in privilege. I always do this at Bally's and LINQ, oddly enough even though I opt to pay for it, I have never actually been charged the fee.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The OP is talking about a DAY earlier, not the same day.

As to the original question... book it now and cancel later. Depending on the date, and the size of the convention, it could be easy and cheap,or could be unavailable at any price. Look at their online calendar right now for those dates to have a better idea.

By the way, pretty much EVERY week is a convention week in Vegas. The size, locations, host hotels all have an impact. There are over 120,000 rooms in Vegas with half on the strip.

And don't forget about airfare.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to get a room for the night by going up to the desk can be very expensive. I would log in to total rewards and see what kind of rate you can get. And then see if you can get it added to your existing reservation.

6. Paragon716

Paragon716 Tourist

Thanks for everybodys input. I called them and added the day in... and if I don't end up going that day, I will cancel it. It worked out great, Linda took very good care of me over the phone.

Thanks again for the responses!

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just remember that standard cancellation in Vegas is more like 72 hours vs. 48 hours.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.