1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Company Christmas Party Disasters ?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Camp Rusty, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody have any good Christmas party stories ?

I don't know what it is about Christmas parties that seem to bring out the disasters but I have been to a couple that have ended up going way farther off the deep end than regular parties.

Years ago I worked for a cell phone company in the facilities department ( one of the "guys in the back" ), our office was primarily staffed with outside sales people. We must of had sixty people in the office and at least half were in outside sales. Our market segment was selling multiple contracts to firms, there was some big money to be made getting fifty or a hundred phones ( or pagers back at that time) sold along with contracts. They were a work hard play hard group for sure, young, driven, attractive, really great group of people to work with.

Our office was kitty corner to a Ramada Inn and the bar was a regular after work stop for some of us, the sales people would generally be out all day so that was where everyone would catch up at days end. We sort of " owned" the bar seating at happy hour and the bartenders were pretty cool with the occasional drunken shenanagins.

My last Christmas there it was a very successful year and management decided since the Ramada was close that would be a great place to have the company party. It was a pretty casual, sort of just get together after work for an end of the year drink sort of affair. I believe that was the last company party.

It started off innocently enough I guess, short management speech about how good a year we had, congratulations all round, teamwork, all the standard platitudes and then in to the drinking. Now.......I'm not a party rookie by any means but this thing took on a life of it's own.

We essentially took over the bar, pretty much just told people it was a private party and they had to leave. It wasn't long before people were openly using coke on the bar, doing shots, and blatantly hitting on each other. People were getting rooms, hooking up, then coming back to the party. Married staff members were disappearing with single folks, people groping each other in the bar, lots of flashing. I decided to leave after one of managers decided that she wanted to go slumming with one of the "guys in the back" by standing in front of me and unbuttoning her blouse. She was married, I was married, and decided that nothing good was going to come of that, in the long run anyway. :):):) No one even seemed to notice !

Luckily that was a Friday night so by Monday morning when everyone was back at work it wasn't as bad as it could have been but there was a definite lack of eye contact and it was a really quiet day. I kinda' wondered if that's how the beautiful people party all the time. I guess the moral of the story is don't have your company party at a hotel with an open bar ?

Hey..... at least no one started a fight !

2. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish we had Christmas parties to talk about. We didn't even get a lunch this year. Ate my usual yogurt.

3. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    one of managers decided that she wanted to go slumming with one of the "guys in the back" by standing in front of me and unbuttoning her blouse. She was married, I was married, and decided that nothing good was going to come of that, in the long run anyway. Click or hover your mouse to enlarge imageClick or hover your mouse to enlarge imageClick or hover your mouse to enlarge image No one even seemed to notice !

O.K., fill in the blanks. Did she have a nice rack???

4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My ex wife used to work for a big real estate company that managed properties all across the us.

They had a tailgate at the padres baseball game one year and we went,. free beer and hot dogs in the parking lot before the game, that sort of thing.

I did not now anyone who worked there but the lure if free beer of course i why i went. So i am guzzling beer like it going out of style chatting it up with people and they for some reason seemed to think i was a manager from south dakota or some place like that. before long at was talking to the big owner and his wife and just having a great time. of course my wife was mortified so stayed away with her friends.

They had a raffle for an autographed bat and i told the owners wife who was in charge of it that my wife would really love to win that bat and sure enough, her name was called!!

After this we all went into the stadium, of course I didnt sit in the peon seats up high, i sat right next to the boss in the field level seats.

So fast forward to that years Christmas party at Loews resort. really nice place. i had just got off work so everyone was already there for the most part when I showed up. of course as soon as the owner saw his best manager he whisked me to the big tables with all the big wigs where I sat and partied for the rest of the night.

Even had my picture taken and it was on the cover of their annual newsletter!!

5. CenterfieldNine

CenterfieldNine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EPIC! Sometimes you just have to play the hand you're dealt... I wonder what happened when the real face behind the name from South Dakota showed up :D

:nworthy:

6. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good idea for a thread.
    I have no stories, sorry.
    I've heard that Christmas parties are a good time to get fired. I always say, "It's a good time? Cool."

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With oil around $35/barrel Christmas was canceled in Texas.:cry:

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually miss the party, since we're usually in Las Vegas that week. :)

9. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys didn't save any money the last few years of boomtimes?

10. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lady that I used to work with, an extremely skilled brownnoser (who I actually had as an intern for a while), gave one of the managers a lap dance at a Christmas party.

He retired.

She now has his job.

Go figure.

11. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Money is saved. But typically it's in bad taste to have a big party when a bunch of people have been laid off. In a much better position than the crash in the 80's. It's just a question of how long do the low prices stay around. That will really test the major companies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.