1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

In n Out coming to the strip!!!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by kingpasty, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just gained 5 pounds reading that ;)

Can't WAIT!

3. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah no kidding. When I lived in Chicago, I probably would have considered standing in line for an hour, but now that I'm in CA with one a mile from my place, I think I'll pass...

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you're correct, the location will do very well. Of course, this post should bring out the usual "meh" posters who will inform us that "In and Out's not that big a deal", "they've had better", "Shake Shack blows the doors off In & Out", etc., but year after year the lines at In & Out continue, as further testimonial to the quality of their product and service. It's true, there's lots of great places to get burgers and fries, but In & Out is well worth the trip in.

5. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had an In & Out. I've been tempted to get a cab to one on prior visits to Vegas, but it just never happened. If it's at the Linq, I will definitely check it out. Hopefully it opens by May.

6. paconomad

paconomad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love me some In-n-out (double double with grilled onions), but there are a couple where I live. I am super-stoked for Canter's. Whenever my dad and I went to LA, we would always get a pastrami/corned-beef sandwich and matzoh ball soup. So good and so many memories.

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's at linq, I probably give it another shot thanks to all the fanboys here. But still the worst burger I've had this decade. To be fair, I should have taken it back. It pretty much was a hockey puck.

8. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear about your experience Tring. I've had it 3 times and all 3 times was blown away. I've always been impressed by their dedication to quality and great service...it shows that they're all corporately owned and not franchised.

9. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ceaseless In-N-Out adoration ... good.
    Ceaseless In-N-Out detraction ... bad?

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mostly stay downtown so will be happy if they bring an in n out downtown.

Wow, how exciting to hear that in n out will be coming to the strip. :poke:

11. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had one of these so I must ask is it really that different from any other fast food place?

12. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Undoubtedly. They are all corporately owned and it shows. They pay their people $10/hr and up to start with...they take a lot of pride in their jobs. Their products are never frozen. Their menu is very small and everything is made fresh. Is it life changing? Some would argue yes, but I'll just say it's definitely a few cuts above all other fast food burger joints. It's just a good, honest burger and an incredible price.

13. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably better and cheaper than the ones at McD's and bk (and Jack and Wendy's) but maybe not better than the more expensive burger joints.

Is it really that special? IMHO, no it isn't but for me I like it because the price is reasonable (under $6 for a meal). Plus you can "monster" size it (like the fries) and get a lot of stuff on it.

14. Chobopuffs

Chobopuffs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just remember to get it Animal style.

15. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its good. I wouldn't kick it out of bed but its not getting breakfast in the morning.

16. 34cents

34cents Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always find time to walk over to the one on Dean Martin Dr. and now will have another option. I bet the regulars will be happy some of the tourists won't crowd their spot now.

17. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is excellent news.

18. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That site is blocked for me from work as "gambling related" - ironically this one isn't, ha.

Anyway, is there an estimated opening date on it?

Like many Midwesterners, I've never been to In-and-Out, and have never made the effort to go off strip in Vegas. But as an Ohioan, I don't get the obsession with White Castle either...I trust this will be significantly better?

Doubt its open for our February trip, but would be cool if it were for one of our summer trips, or at least by the fall.

19. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've tried both and they're completely different animals (no pun intended). To me a White Castle burger isn't really a "burger" in the true sense of the word. It's almost like a McDonald's burger...it doesn't taste like a burger it tastes like McDonald's. It just tastes like White Castle. That being said, there's a time and place for everything, and I do enjoy a White Castle slider from time to time.

In-N-Out is more of a real tasting burger I would say. It's never frozen beef, a fresh bakery roll and fresh produce.

20. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being from the East coast, I've not yet experienced an In-n- Out burger... Have any of you who are In-n-Out Fans ever been to a 5 Guys Burger place? If so, is it comparable? After reading all the accolades about it, it *sounds* like it may be similiar??? Hopefully, now that it's coming to the Linq, I can soon find out for myself :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.