1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Go Figure: It's 12/13 at night and it is as warm in NYC as it is in Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Flowers, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And tomorrow, Monday, the 14th, it will be appreciably warmer at night in NYC than it will be Vegas. Temps tomorrow in Vegas are supposed to be 50 degrees during the day and in the 30s at night. Tomorrow in NYC is supposed to be 64 during the day (likely breaking another record) and 57 at night. I'm not complaining -- I have my windows open now getting fresh air and had shorts on yesterday while I was running errands -- but wow. I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I heard El Nino is going to make this winter pretty rough.

2. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a bit over 70 today and beautiful in DC. Wish it would last

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After how freaking cold last winter was, I'm thinking we had this one coming! I'll trade this for a white Christmas any day. :beer:

(I was out running yesterday and saw my neighbor bringing in his Christmas tree in shorts! :evillaugh)

4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow broncofn, even for DC that's warm. How nice. And yeah, carve, last winter and the winter before I recall seemed like they went on forever. I'm from Upstate NY so I am used to a lot of snow but I do NOT like super cold.

Was also remembering that December 21st is the shortest day in terms of light in the Northern Hemisphere. Starting the 22nd, each day will start getting a bit longer leading up to spring (my favorite season) and then the first day of summer, the "longest" day (in terms of natural light/when the sun rises and sets) in the year. I'll be thinking about that whenever we start to get winter weather in the NE, hopefully NOT soon!

5. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Window open in Chevy Chase/ Might turn the AC on.

6. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ours is actually on lol

7. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

For the first time ever in December, I was running shirtless at nighttime. That was Saturday, when the temps began to creep up to close to 60 degrees by 8pm. For those of us in northern Illinois, we also deserve a break from last year's winter. Thanks El Nino.

8. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cold and raining here in California. Been 30-50 every night the past couple weeks. Lord knows we need the rain so I'm not mad, I look forward to a good skiing season all winter long too!

9. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the Browns game yesterday I was just in short sleeves. For December 13th, that can't be beat.

10. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Turned off the heat and opened the windows here in Metro Detroit yesterday, today is supposed to be 59° but cloudy and rainy. Set a record high on Saturday. Don't anyone go looking for winter, it appears to be lost and I would prefer it not be found.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.