1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmopolitan early check in?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by in4mation808, Dec 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they offer this? Or will we only be able to leave our bags with them? We're arriving at 8am, so waiting until 3pm to check in might be a little long for us. Especially after a 5 hour overnight flight.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost all hotels "advertise" late afternoon check in time. Almost all hotels allow checkin at anytime if they have rooms. We have checked into Vegas hotel rooms early to mid morning often. No hotel wants to wait and check in everyone at 3pm. It would cause a massive lineup in the lobby. Lately, some hotels in Vegas have been offering early checkin at a fee. Have not heard about that at Cosmo. Of course, if they do not have rooms clean and ready, they can not help. Sun and Monday arrivals are definitely impacted by this at they are closer to full on weekend nights. Weekdays less so as they usually are not full from the night before. Heck, I even checked into a room at 7am once after a red eye flight.

Every hotel I have ever been to will allow you to drop off you bags if rooms are not available.

3. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost every hotel will allow early check in except the Cosmo. We have stayed there probably a half dozen times over the last several years, and they always make us wait around until at least 3:00 p.m., sometimes later. They probably do this because they charge $56.00 for early check in (around 11:00 a.m.). We will be staying there this month and I called to find out how much early check in was and when they said $56.00, we decided we will just wait until 3:00. Everything else is fabulous at the Cosmo, but I have to say that their check in kind of sucks.

4. vegasfan

vegasfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have checked in at 1:00 pm a couple of times with no fee. It probably depends on how full they are.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've checked in as early as 10am. But also have had to wait. Not sure if it due to status or what.

6. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know their official response on checking in earlier, but I have stayed there 4 times over the past 2-3 years, and was able to check in early each time, and each time around 1 PM.

7. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in around 12:30 or 1pm on a Thursday in September, was not charged an early check-in fee

8. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow you must have been really unlucky, for me its been the exact opposite since i have always been able to check in on arrival.

9. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are only Sterling level and the rooms are comped, so maybe that has something to do with it. We will be trying the $20.00 trick on our upcoming trip to see if that will make a difference. We are also having to pay for two of the nights to upgrade to a Terrace room ($56.00 per night), so maybe that will help. It does seem like the last few times we've been there that they are sold out. That might factor in too.

10. illest

illest Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last few times staying at The Cosmo, I haven't had a problem checking in as early as 10am. Just depends if reserved room is available

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, it appears that the answer is:

A) No problem at all

B) Nobody gets to check in until 3pm or later

C) Something else.

LOL!

12. in4mation808

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahahah! I guess those are the answers......................!

13. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only consistency is inconsistency.

14. maliksealy21

maliksealy21 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the best way I could describe the Cosmo. On my best trips there, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. On my worst, I would rather stay at The STRAT .

Things they've been inconsistent with for me:

The ease of removing room charges that weren't made by me. I had someone put a $300 meal on my room one time, and they took it off in 10 seconds. Another time I had someone charge breakfast at that little cafe on the second floor for $21. It only took three weeks after my stay to sort that one out.

Housekeeping service - I tip housekeepers (which I feel everyone should do) but to have a room cleaned for a tip and then left untouched the next day despite multiple calls to housekeeping - that grinds me gears.

The good times:

I still haven't figured out how but once a $20 bill on a comped Terrace Suite (expecting the normal wraparound) landed me a Bungalow for four nights. I will be chasing that dream forever. Mind you, they never comped me again after that, I think they realized I wasn't dropping the $40k a night needed to actually get this room comped in peak season. I am a small-time player, $50-$100 a hand Blackjack player that plays in "spurts" during trips. Right now CET seems to be the only property group that cares for us, giving the cost cutting at MGM. I would love to listen to any ideas for a place that wants my type of gambler (PM only, don't want to hijack this thread).

15. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like no comps at all? No marketing offers for 2 or 4 nights here and there?

16. maliksealy21

maliksealy21 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing... No rooms, chips, resort credit, nada

17. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have aleays been able to check in at Cosmo in the morning and have never been charged. We checked on around 10:00 a.m. Tuesday.

18. in4mation808

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! How can someone just put a $300 tab on your room? Don't they do some kind of verification or anything?

19. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The playing in spurts might be what's killing you. They value a player that puts in time as well. I've been rated at $40 to $50 with some video poker thrown in and got offers easily. My table play was craps and roulette though.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.