1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM - Thanksgiving Week, Just the Facts

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Bo333, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I started to write another trip report and it started to sound exactly like every report I do. I do the same thing in Vegas every time, and I love it.
    So I thought I’d do a quick summary trip report, just the facts!

I play craps MANY hours a day, and take a break by sitting down for just about any sitting game.

Saturday (Nov 21):
    Dinner at Gallagher’s – excellent filet.
    Craps at Aria and MGM.
    Loss: $3K
    College fund donation: $3.5K

Sunday:
    Craps at Palazzo, Venetian, Paris, Cosmo, Aria, MGM.
    UTH Aria, Pai Gow & Pai Gow Poker, BJ at MGM.
    (Lost almost every hand at UTH, but hit a straight flush for $1250!)
    Dinner at Jean Georges – good filet.
    Loss: $9K (Actual loss was close to $11K – not sure where the extra 2 was lost, but I’m lousy at keeping track)
    College fund donation: $2.5K

Monday
    Craps at MB, Luxor, MGM, NYNY.
    Poker at MGM, Pai Gow and BJ at MGM
    Dinner at Steakhouse at Camelot – tasty filet
    Win: 7K
    College fund donation $600.

Tuesday
    Craps at MGM, Monte Carlo, Aria.
    BJ, Pai Gow at MGM.
    Dinner at Gallagher’s – excellent filet again.
    Win: 8K
    No college fund the rest of the week (family in town).

Wednesday
    Craps at MGM, Luxor, MB, NYNY, Tropicana
    UTH at MB, BJ at MGM
    (mini)Baccarat at NYNY – first time ever – tried it after reading some of the trip reports, barely knew the rules, sat down and 9 straight banker wins – which I happened to be betting on! Won $500. The whole not paying the vig right away was both kind a weird and nice.
    Dinner at Craft – tasty filet
    Win: $8K

Thursday
    Craps at MGM, Luxor, MB, Tropicana.
    BJ at MGM and MB, Pai Gow Poker at MB
    Dinner at Tenders – tasty filet
    Win: $11K

Friday
    Craps at MGM & Tropicana.
    BJ at MGM. Pai Gow and Pai Gow Poker at MGM.
    No dinner.
    Loss: $30K (about as ugly as it gets – I bet bigger last day, big mistake) –donked my whole weeks winnings and then some
    Lost/pushed 10-15 straight hands in BJ, even the dealer was grimacing.

Saturday Morning
    Craps MGM
    Win: 6K

Lunch every day was pizza. Why, because it’s Pizza!
    Hit the ALL 3 times throwing and 2 times with others. Hit the small & tall several times.

Between the markers and cash spent I lost $2k, which I know doesn’t add up but somewhere along the way I must have won a little bit more or lost a little than I thought. I’ll admit to not being very good at keeping track of either markers or my cash…sad but true.

I have no idea what my theo or average bet is. My bets vary greatly depending on how I’m doing.

MGM had some ‘efficiency’ experts come through recently so there are fewer craps tables open. It’s amazing to me how much those ‘experts’ can screw a place up.

Now I’m trying to figure out when I should go again!

2. jughead1963

jughead1963 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK I'll bite. What was the college fund donation? Hookers?

3. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as I know they are just girls that need help with their college funds. :wink2:

4. jughead1963

jughead1963 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. himmelsin9

himmelsin9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bo33, I alway enjoy your TR an crap shenanigans. I have some questions, how did you like the craps/craps table at Luxor? I found it to be one of the hardest, dice die very quick and I consistently do very well at Luxor. How would you rate your favorite places to play craps and what betting strategy do you follow? I'll be out in January and have been dice setting for a year, hope to do well again. Thanks HS

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good stuff! Looks like you had a great time!

7. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tables at Luxor are aircraft carriers and are very hard. This is usually a problem for me as I tend to practice with a slightly high trajectory and on a hard table you have to have a low trajectory. However the best thing about those tables is they don't care if you are short. I've stopped the dice a few feet short and nobody says anything. When I'm on axis and throwing low I've had some monster runs there. But I've also has some terrible sessions because I was slightly off axis and those tables aren't forgiving.

My strategy when I'm throwing is pretty simple, I go across and either take/press or press/take depending on my position (big aggressive I'll go press/press/take first). Since I'm throwing a hardway set I'll quickly get on the hardways if I see that I'm on my game.

That said, my come-out strategy is fairly complicated and requires a bunch of bets because I'm trying to maximize my ability to throw both crap & red while trying to prime the bonus bets extreme outsides.

If I'm not throwing and people are just chucking the dice it's up in the air what I feel like doing. Everything from not betting or playing the dark side or just small bets on the 6/8 (occasionally a min across).

8. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the MGM because it's comfortable (all the dealers, pit, and floor all know me well) and most of the tables are fairly good.
    The best tables are at the Monte Carlo, they are both soft and not bouncy. MB are just slightly more bouncy but the box's there get very nervous. The tables at Aria are way too hard, but the box's there don't care at all, which makes for a less tense time.

- - - Updated - - -

I always have a great time in Vegas! :drunk:

9. himmelsin9

himmelsin9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you feel about the Cosmopolitan tables?

10. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't play there enough to remember. I only play there on a rare occasion, although I do have a few fond memories of taking them for a decent amount of money :evillaugh

11. boogaloobboy

boogaloobboy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time playing baccarat, you get a dream shoe and make..............500$??? Off nine straight bankers?? I'm speechless. The money you throw around on craps that should have been an easy six figure win.

12. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not everyone plays the same way on every game..hell, I see a lot of cats on here play purple/yellow tables..but then play nickel and quarter video poker...

13. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I barely knew the rules and it was a $10 table. I figured the real baccarat people would salivate over that shoe since they play runs if I'm not mistaken. I was the only one at the table and she was explaining each hand to me. I had no real strategy and switched off the banker at least once.
    My biggest bet was < $200.

I was curious to what the big fuss is about with baccarat since I hear about it but hadn't played it, which is why I played it. But certainly wasn't going to play a game I didn't understand for any big money.
    And I kind of understand the excitement on a game where no skill (user interaction) is involved, and might try it again.
    I'm still pretty happy winning $500.

14. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You certainly get in alot of play and lots of fun! Seems like the days without college payments are better gambling days? [emoji12] [emoji48]

15. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been a LONG time since then, but I still remember those days!

16. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be fair is hard to bet big on a game you don't know.

One of the first times I played Bacc we had a real dream shoe - 9 bank, 2 player, 19 bank. I made $25k and thought I was a baller. I look back on that and the half mil I left on the table that day. We all learn.

17. Claire

Claire Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where you find all the talented college recruits? [emoji13] The donation seems to range quite a bit!

18. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to meet the $600 one.:faint: Seems like a lot of value for the price. :poke:

19. Claire

Claire Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess all depends on service scopes[emoji13]

20. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Playing mini bac seems like a completely different game than playing midi to me. The pace is different and I don't feel like the table gets the same camaraderie. Play in high limit where you can turn the cards and the game improved dramatically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.