1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First time staying at the Cosmo, what do I need to know?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by in4mation808, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I haven't been back to Las Vegas since 2000. Yeah, I know, a lot has changed. We were there for school (UNLV) and returned back to our home (2000 miles away). This is the first time we will be staying at a strip hotel. All other hotels were either off-strip (Gold Coast) or downtown (Main Street, California).

We wanted to have a different "experience" compared to those places.

What do we need to know about the Cosmo? Also, any other help would be appreciated in being that we know basically nothing about what to do. Thanks!

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully you've got a terrace room meaning it has a balcony. It's what really sets the rooms apart. Go level 1.5 at the Chandelier Bar and order a verbena.

3. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is what I learned about Cosmo:

1. Good location. Period.
    2. Don't know your age, but good club that lets u in free as a hotel guest.
    3. The Henry is a great place to eat off hours (10pm-6am) for those late night bites!
    4. As Bayou said, get the balcony!!! If they offer you the corner terrace, and it is just you and your wife, for less than $100 a night take it!
    5. All the bars are amazing with amazing bar tenders!

Good luck!!

4. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo is a great property. I second that you need to get a terrace room with a balcony. Also, check out the buffet. It's one of the best on the strip. Their workout room is really nice as well.

5. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed there 5-6 times. I suggest after checking in, and yes, paying for an upgrade to a balcony, grab a drink from a bar or make one in your room, just do not touch the minibar, go for a walk. First, get your identity cards, then wander. Check out some of their awesome artwork scattered around upstairs, read the restaurant menus and decide where you want to go, go to the chandelier bar, try and check out every level. Find the bar you will spend time at or meet up at. Check out the pools, or the ice rink now. Many of the restaurants have happy hours, I think they call them "social hours" try and find those out before you go.

This is what I suggest. What I do when I get there, is get to my room, after grabbing a drink from downstairs and just relax on the balcony. It's really hard to get me to leave from there lol

Have fun

6. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spend some time at Queue Bar - it gets overlooked a lot when people talk about Cosmo, but it's my favorite. The bartenders are great, and if Nicole is working it will make your day. She is stunning.

Agree with the others about paying to upgrade to a balcony room, it's totally worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as room goes i agree with others, get a balcony room but that should not be a problem since over 75% of the rooms have them. Terrace studio and the 1bedroom are their standard rooms with a balcony and its not a big difference imo, getting a fountain view is whats important. If your are looking for a suite the terrace suite and the wraparound is the next upgrade, the terrace suite is awesome and all come with a fountain view. The wraparound is also very nice but many of them comes with a view that is less desirable.

Also you have the east and the west tower with the east tower being located directly on the strip. Its also closest to most restaurants and the most preferable tower to stay in by most. I like the west tower however since its usually more quiet especially on the balcony since its located further from the strip and the Marquee nightclub.

Many great restaurant and bars just browse their website to find out whats most appealing to you.

8. 98green

98green Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do get a balcony room, I recommend requesting the East Tower.

I like that tower better because it has a much smaller footprint (so no long walks down the hallway), and that tower is at the "front" (i.e. closer to the Strip) of the property, so also shorter walks from your room to wherever you are going.

9. in4mation808

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shucks! I actually reserved a City Room. I really wanted a terrace. Wondering if it would be possible to upgrade to this while I'm there? Also, would it be too cold to be on the terrace? Being that I'll be there in mid December....?

10. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The terraces are sheltered from the wind. I spend lots of time on the terrace in December. You can upgrade on arrival. Try $20 tip.

11. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They'd probably be willing to upgrade you over the phone, too (though it would likely be more than a $20 'sandwich', you'd be assured something with a terrace) - can't hurt to at least call and see what your options would be.

12. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would recommend giving them a call as well; depending on when in December Vegas can be slow. You need the terrace, seriously.

13. in4mation808

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What tower is better? And what are the pluses and minuses of each one (West vs East)?

14. rdwoodpecker

rdwoodpecker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    noise, yes or no?

Middle aged 59, the wife and I have been in the west tower 3 times and the east tower once. For us, the west tower is the only way to go. The east tower has "thumping" from the nightclubs below on the strip. It does not stop until 4 am. With it being December maybe the noise is not as bad, but it does suck!

15. irmster

irmster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have to say, I feel quite the opposite. Much prefer East Tower and never had any noise problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.