1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

BeeeJay Rejects Winters Snowy Embrace: A LIVE Vegas Trip Report!!!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by BeeeJay, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I did that I might as well forfeit now.

2. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great stuff Beeejay. I've been reading your reports since the 2+2 days, they never disappoint. The 5552 and 448 quad pics might be the best things you've ever posted. As for all this talk of "when the fun stops..." don't sweat it. You'll find in time you'll feel an itch that needs scratching. The desire to go back to Vegas and take another shot at the big payday will override any memory of self-destructive behavior. You'll be back...and we'll be better off for it.

3. mansam

mansam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well Said! BeeJay. That is a Class Post. Stay Strong

Back to Wynn to Win!
  4. vetsen

vetsen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I missed the CET barring story, could someone link to it?

5. 6Mermaids

6Mermaids Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awwwwe Beejay! :( I am sorry. I know how you feel right now and it is not fun. There is nothing worse than a huge loss and a hangover from a multiway drinking bender. Load up on vitamins, St Johns Wort, and get as much sleep as possible. I am sorry you are going through this.

6. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, sorry about your loss bee. Didn't realize you were in that big a hole when you texted this morning. I'm also in the position that I feel a loss coming on but want to limit it as much as possible. As you said, it can't last forever. Need to rethink things myself going forward but it will be tough lowering my play also. I've always said I was going to lower my play but it never happens.

Have a safe flight home and talk to you when you get back my brother.

7. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I should make this pact with you guys, but I'll have to make it after this weekend. After this weekend, I have a big Vegas trip in January. It's easy for me to stay away from Vegas in between these trips...it's the locals that's my problem. I've been trying to scale back my local visits for awhile now, but the longest I have been able to avoid them is 3 days...lol. Let's see if I can scale it back after this weekend. Of course, I will need to do my customary local trip, the day I return from Vegas....after that, scale back time!

Awesome TR, beejay...I could not understand anything you said, but I could tell you had a blast. Sucks about the loss, but I totally know the feeling of going in knowing it will be a disaster...you made the best of it!

8. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to clarify, these was by no means a "bad trip". I had tons of
    big hits, even more than most trips, and I had an amazingly good time, I mean it was literally one of the most fun trips for a lot of reasons, and the gambling was awesome as well. I got more than my share of hits, I did stay within budget for the two trips combined, but I did fail to book the win and I did learn that at levels above $2,500 I start feeling like the value isn't worth it. For some people that might be $500, for others $50,000.

But this should not at all be a downer, it was an amazing two-trip event and I would totally do it just the same. I'm expecting some vastly improved offers going forward, I still booked a 5-figure win for the year. But, I am recognizing a change in my level of discipline and that will be reversed.

9. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks my friend, that means a lot.

I am in no way surprised and yes I felt it coming and told a few people before. It's inevitable eventually we all have a loss.

It would obv be much worse if it was a "cold" loss, where you just hit nothing all weekend. I've had those before when I used to play much higher, worst trip was 3 straight days of 5-figure loss. So this isn't all that bad and I'm basically already over it as I've cancelled trips which cost in excess of the loss.

This is definitely me seeing the posts in PPHold report and internalizing what was said there and recognizing myself falling into bad habits as I try to take previous profits and go for "the big one".

I had a lot of $500+ hard 8 bets and actually hit a few $100 4-5 hops when I kept barely missing my Hard 8. The $525 hard 10 hit wasn't bad, all those quads, a huge roulette run, a nice 3-card hit. Quite a few dealt quads on multiplay VP was nice. In the end I just kept taking winnings and trying to "go big or go home" where I should have booked winning sessions.

A couple other highlights, having so much fun and being so loud at Wynn playing a bank of VP machines that the actual CRAPS pit boss walked over and asked us to settle down.

It was truly a great time with old friends and the previous trip was a fantastic time with new friends.

• Like Like x 1
  10. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the best Vegas trips are the ones that leave you so spent you don't want to go back for months.

even better if they don't cost you everything to get to that point.

although IIRC 3 months ago you were done with Vegas for a year? lol.

11. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally appreciate the fact that you tell it all, like it is, good, bad, and unintelligible. :)

There's a lot of bluster around Vegas trips, everybody always goes there pumped, ready to rock, but bad trips do happen, and its not as much fun posting the down side of these. So totally appreciate you sharing the good, the bad, and the degenerate. (That oughta be a movie.)

Sorry it went south, but man you had a run.

12. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SHOT? I'll be there all week bro. We should link up then if not at a local before then.
    Absofuckinglutely.

13. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That in itself, says it all! That's what the trips should be like ......... Thanks for the ride you took us all on, was entertaining to say the least!

I , second that!!

14. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're feeling shamey after a 36 hour bender. We've all been there. It's enough to make any of us want to swear off booze and gambling for a while.

15. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Yes sir...SHOT! Hopefully, I will not get the flu at the start of the show, like this year. As of now, my plan is to get to Vegas the Friday or Saturday before, so I can meet with some people before the madness, and go to the Range Day on Monday, stay through the week and head home on Saturday or Sunday. I've been going local almost every day, which has been working out, but it is making me physically exhausted all the time...and the swings can be mentally tolling...lol. I need to ease up on the frequency I hit the locals, before the luck turns south. I usually go to the locals for a couple hours during the late night hours, so if you are planning on going any time soon, shoot me a PM.

16. Hardwaze

Hardwaze Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always enjoy your TRs...but this time it became a little hard to read as it became obvious that you had gotten into a hole and weren't getting out.; kind of like enjoying a movie but you just know it's not going to end well. You obviously understand the "discipline" part of gambling and you realize that you got away from your program a bit. That in itself says you'll be fine going forward; no need to hit the panic button; simply adjust. Take a (bunch of) deep breaths, look forward to/enjoy your upcoming cruise...and get back to Vegas when the time is right for you. Hope to see you there sometime. Happy Holidays !

17. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well my friend, I am sorry to hear about the loss, I remember the last time this happened and the step back worked last time to bring you back from the degen side.. I can say that with the US dollar what it is I am looking to minimize losses if they occur as I have to add 30% exchange to all losses. With that I find myself looking at more trips to Mexico and cocktails on the beach. Keep your chin up and hopefully it all works out.

18. Morpheus7272

Morpheus7272 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This should be the new go-to Vegas greeting for the VMB. Don't say "Hi", say "Nababshaj!!"

Seriously though, you're making a lot of sense. Dial it back to where you're comfortable -- that is kinda the point after all.

Thanks for the wild-ass ride!!

19. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's always fun following your adventures but a Vegas hiatus sounds like a good idea. Some time away and it will be fun again without the regret. Not to be a Debbie Downer but there were honestly a couple of times while following your report this time where I thought "for Christ's sake, someone put Beeejay to bed".

It was a great run Beeejay....Vegas will be there when you're ready.

20. thefish2010

thefish2010 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I am sad to see some of the all-stars on here having losing trips, a little reality being injected into these threads probably isn't a bad thing for everyone that reads them and wants to follow in their authors' footsteps. I have had some health problems recently and haven't been gambling at all for the last several months as a result, but the last 3 years, I've literally lost 98% of my gambling sessions, and I have only had a few winning trips to Vegas in my entire life out of several dozen trips. While those few wins have been very large, they have been quickly offset by even bigger losses. I have lost more than 5X my theo since I started keeping track of it. That's almost mathematically impossible over the course of more than a decade - yet that is what has happened to me.

While losing nearly every time you play sucks, for me it has put gambling in its proper perspective: it's an expensive way to have fun, and you have no chance of winning. I will continue to go to Vegas. But when you go knowing that you will almost certainly lose not just for each trip, but every single table session, it's a lot easier to not take the gambling so seriously, it's not nearly as tempting to go deeper after you inevitably lose whatever you planned to spend, and it makes it easier to focus on having fun and enjoying dinners etc. I fell in love with Vegas long before I could legally gamble or had any desire to do it, and the epic losing streak I have been on has freed my focus when I am there enough to remind me of some of the reasons why.

If Vegas (or gambling in general) becomes too big of a drain - on your time, emotions, relationships, finances, or all of the above - hang it up for a while and find a new hobby. You don't want to wind up like Dan Mahowny (real name Brian Molony, who embezzled $10.2 million from a bank he worked for and blew it in Atlantic City)...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.