1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Booking rooms

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by zenvegas, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This may sound like a dumb question but...

I want to use a reward to book a hotel room for one night. How do I know if there is a vacancy for a my vegas reward until after I get the reward. The terms and conditions advise that you'll be told how to redeem after you get the reward.
    It's a little chicken and egg like.

Any insight?

2. griz

griz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to purchase before you can check.
    If it doesn't work out, the refund doesn't count against your 5 refunds in 30 days limit.

3. scohitch

scohitch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had to do this when a room wasn't available after booking the reward. The refund process was quite easy.

4. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys.

5. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just out of curiosity, how do you book a room through myvegas? Can I book it as I'm buying the reward?

6. CALELLA

CALELLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to have an MLife account and you book it on their site, you now have to buy the reward and then hop you can get the dates you wanted so it's a bit of a hit and miss.

I want to get 2 days for MB next June but don't even know when those dates will show on the calendar on their site so just gotta wait it out i suppose.

You can refund the rooms if you can't get the dates you want though.

Not sure I like the new way you do it as previously you could see on the calendar if your dates were available then you bought the reward then phoned the myvegas phone number and booked your rooms with the attendants.

7. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried booking a room for January, but its not on the rate calendar yet. So I ended up having to have the reward refunded.
    It's not a user friendly system at all.

However, I have another question. Most of the MGM hotels related rewards require a stay at one of their properties. If I can't get a room at one of them, I guess I'm sol on many of the rewards. All the buffets for one or free play require a stay.
    So, what does anyone recommend related to restaurants that are of any value?

Thank you.

8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's where places like Luxor, Excalibur or Circus Circus come in handy. The rooms are relatively cheap when you have to pay for them and satisfy the stay requirement.

That and several of the buffet rewards do have a no stay variant, but they are quite a bit more cost in loyalty points though.

9. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You shouldn't do that. keep the reward until January dates are open. I cancelled my Stations rewards when the dates were not open yet. Then they opened but were limited to one per person at each property. Had I kept the original rewards and just waited for the dates to open, I would be at Red Rock for three nights.

10. CALELLA

CALELLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought the 2 nights midweek at MB but am waiting for June to show up on the MLife Calendar, how long have I got before I lose the chance to refund the reward.

Not sure when the Calendars will show as far forward as June next year and obviously don't want to lose the points.

I might just be better trying to get the helicopter ride.

11. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoy the Wolfgang Puck in Crystals - City Center. I used the free pizza MyVegas. All the food I've had there is great, not too pricey, it's not too crowded, and the service is attentive. One of these days I may use the wine pairing for two - that is a pretty good value. Also, the WP rewards don't count against the 3 limit.

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
  12. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would have no way of knowing what date is on the reward you booked. Look at it, it will say "must be used by" on it. It goes by the day you purchased it.

13. CALELLA

CALELLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you superfan, it say 25 Feb 16 so I've got plenty of time to cancel it if the dates i want dont show up.

14. djcoach

djcoach Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was able to go in and book Comp night at Mirage for March for beginning of March Madness Trip this morning after calling to confirm dates. the calendar showed me Wednesday was blacked out but was able to get it through the operator so pleasant surprise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.