1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Better late than never TR Nov. 22 - 25

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by thenuke1, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

It's been about 2 years since I've gone to Vegas and what a way to make a triumphant return haha took part in a time share presentation which gave me 2 Disney tickets and 2 nights at the Plaza hotel. Booked that plus an extra night at the artisan. In a fairly new relationship our first trip out together =D

hotels
    Plaza hotel
    Artisan boutique hotel

food
    Mandalay Bay buffet
    Bellagio buffet
    Binnions cafe
    Gamblers cafe
    White castle
    Dal Toro

activities
    Blue man group
    Human Nature
    Mob Museum
    Outlets
    Ferris wheel
    Alien fresh jerky

day 1
    Drove out in my Chevy spark... Nice drive and the little car can definitely handle the road. Made a Pitt stop at the Victorville target since it's going to be closed down in January. Picked up a few essentials that I forgot.

Had plans to stop by the alien fresh jerky store but decided to keep driving instead. Stopped in Primm to check out the Nike store and walk for a bit.

2:30pm Finally made it to Vegas and hit up the Mandalay Bay buffet. They still had brunch items which was awesome since I hadn't had breakfast or lunch.

Drove to downtown to check in. First time at the Plaza 2nd time staying downtown. Plaza rooms are fantastic. Had a few of the main tower and the Las Vegas club which was cool. Bed was comfortable and the entire room was a good size. Would stay again.

Get ready and off to blue man group. The show is definitely fun although not worth what the luxor is charging... Travelzoo didn't have deals for the days I went out. Tired after the drive stopped by Walgreens and picked up a bottle of Moscato and bacm to the room to relax a bit.

1am I walk down to get some food at Binnions. Great burger great chicken tenders. Off to the D for some quarter derby. Fun 2 hours on a $20 bill but few negatives... They took out the cage from the top floor aswell as the bar so in 2 hours the cocktail girl came around once...they did install 2 quarter machines one of which would not take my 20 lol 3am and back to the room to sleep.

day 2
    Leave the room around 1pm and take the short drive to gamblers cafe... Cool store. Took a chance and grabbed a Groupon deal. Best sandwich I've ever had...service is a bit slow but it's worth it! The ingredients are fresh and the cuts are flavorful highly recommend the loaded dice "all in" style

Off to the outlets which where a bust but grabbed a Godiva chocolate shake she got strawberry and ice cream... Bad idea... After leaving the outlets I'm feeling a bit dizzy... I quickly assess my situation and realize in dehydrated having drank barely any water in 2 days... Stop by 7/11 and my lady grabs me a Gatorade which I sip... Head back to the room at its 5pm I end up throwing up whatever I ate... Take a 2 hour nap as she gets ready for human nature.

Wake up feeling better, get dressed and off we go to the venetian. 2nd time seeing human nature first time catching their holiday show. Grabbed the tickets at $28 a piece from travelzoo. We miss the first song but that's OK because as soon as we walk in the usher tells us "I have 2 front row seats would you like them?" I tell her "absolutely". Man those guys put on a hell of a show... Although I didn't expect holiday songs to be the main focus... They added their motown twist to it which made the show. I recommend catching those guys whenever in Vegas.

After the show I made reservations for dal toro as a bday dinner. I had asked for suggestions but this was the better route since I didn't have to walk much or leave the Venetian /palazzo. She was happy and the food was great. Outside seating with heater was perfect. Groupon deal aswell.

We head back to the room and it's about 12am and not wanting to miss checkout we go back to the room.

day 3 Wake up and check out, we have a few hours to kill before we can check in at the artisan. Bellagio brunch thanks to myvegas was delicious... They added a few items since the last time I was there... Tasted like Angus sliders and a cheesy grilled reuben. Question I noticed the bar at the Bellagio do the drinks come with the paid meal or is it extra?.

Head over to the outlets and find some nice Jordans... While I'm shopping my lady buys tickets to MJ Live at the Stratosphere . drive to the artisan which the decor is different, creepy, awesome lol my lady felt like she was in American horror story haha. I wouldn't recommend staying there... Valet only, bed was stiff and uncomfortable, ice was only located at the bar which we were told was a 24 hour bar but closed at midnight lol. We get ready and off we go to The STRAT . Yet another great show... Feels a bit short but that's the only nit pick. They encourage taking pictures and video as well as sharing them on social media. It's about 8:45 and head to the artisan for a bit before we do the ferris wheel. We make a stop at white castle and for whatever reason I expected more lol do yourself a favor and grab a box of white castle burgers from target... Taste exactly the same...

Ferris wheel was fun it's definitely a one time thing. It's a long walk to get to the boarding... I'm guessing the over estimated how many people would actually line up every day. The view is nice and the 30min go by quick. It's probably around 1am and back to the room check out the next day.

day 4
    We check out and drive to downtown to go to the mob museum which has been on my to do list for a few years. Took us 3 hours to view the entire museum definitely a must! $20 bucks at travel zoo and you get a souvenir picture to go with it.

We make our was to mermaids because she wants a fried twinkle and oreos. First time trying both.. I preferred the oreos over the twinkle. Next too sonics since we hadn't eaten and off to the drive we go...

We finally make it to baker and check out the alien jerky store... Awesome store... Great tasting jerky!! I bought a gourmet cherry coke which was also good and I try to duff & Flaming Moe's energy drinks... Duff is better.

Well that's it folks! Fun trip and possible return in January!

2. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You sure packed a lot into a short trip. I think you are the first person I ever heard of staying at the Artisan.
    Thanks for the report.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report!!!

One major concern though...they took out the Vue bar (upstairs) at the D??? And the waitress only came once in a few hours as an obvious result?? That will mean the death of Sigma Derby there too...:cry: I need that as a bargaining chip for going to Fremont St.!!

It's still listed on their website for the moment...

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  4. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tring doing andiamo next week I will take a look if I remember

5. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're in a pinch hop on to Groupon and get a room for about $35 bucks (after fees)

Also the wifi is slow... Plaza I clocked it at 60mbps and artisan was at 3mbps

Let me rephrase...the bar is there but there's nothing in the bar lol. I remember it being a 24 hour bar regardless of however many people where there.

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm confused by this phrasing even more...no booze behind the bar? So either closed (what time were you there?) or renovating? I could believe the latter... Closing permanently would be so stupid though.

I remember I couldn't believe "Whiskey Down" at MGM closed at 1:30a on a weekday my last trip. Place was packed until closing. Couldn't get on a machine before it closed.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  7. craiger122003

craiger122003 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are 100% on the money. All of White Castes stuff is frozen foods. This is the only location in the west
    so they basically heat up the frozen stuff and serve it. Most of the buffets are the same way.

8. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vue bar was open thanksgiving, and there were CW's upstairs. Maybe they were cleaning it or updating something.

9. Russwin1

Russwin1 Tourist

I remember they would close for the night at like 1AM or so, probably later on the weekends.

10. Yokel

Yokel Player

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Vue Bar and Sigma Derby upstairs at the D were both operating as normal this afternoon.

11. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe there were restocking or shut down temporarily but I remembered the bar being open 24/7 a few years ago I know because I'd get there with 20 bucks and spend hours on that Sigma machine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.