1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

my ramblings

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LolaDoggie, Nov 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So....feel free to criticize the $hit out of me. But, here goes.

Due to ongoing issues with our current car which may or may not be caused by my husband hauling renovation materials with it all summer (He totally destroyed the car and won't admit it) We bought a 2016 Nissan Frontier, 6 cyl, automatic, 4x4 king cab (what they call extended cab, bigger cabin than regular cab but not 4 doors). They had me at a$$ warmers. It's pretty much loaded except for leather but I'm OK with not having leather. You have no idea how happy a$$ warmers make me. The only after market stuff we need is a tonneau and maybe some steps for me. It already has the tow package and bed liner etc. I already bought a bigger snow brush and a thumbs up vinyl sticker. I've also been threatening to put a "fat chicks can't climb" sticker on it. I'm a chubby chick. I think it's hilarious. My company has a business relationship with Nissan so they took good care of me. A truck makes more sense for us at this stage of our lives. We still have the little car for scooting around town. The truck would be mine.

The purchase came with one of those dealership trips, I had a choice of a Carnival cruise or Vegas. Guess what I picked? Anyhow, I know it's going to be a crappy trip but considering the expenses we had with the old car and whatnot. Any Vegas is better than no Vegas at all. I'll keep you guys posted on the details when I find out more. I'm taking delivery on Wed or Thurs.

I was thinking about Vegas and my husband and it occurred to me...He does Vegas so much better than I do. He's figured it out. I had to drag him there in 2004. The student has surpassed the teacher.

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy. I am on my third Nissan, two Xterras and an Altmima. Never had an issue.

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A new vehicle and a bonus Vegas trip.....a perfect combo!

4. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had several Nissans over the years and loved them. Congrats on the new vehicle!

5. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What has two thumbs and is stuck with a Carnival cruise?

This guy!

Enjoy your trip and your truck. Those a$$-warmers are a god-send. I have mine on high until at least mid-March here in Wisconsin!

-Richard

6. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy the new truck, leather is over rated if you live where it gets below 0.
    In a previous life I was a BMW/Volvo tech, it was amazing how many times customers would come in with an older car and multiple problems, but only fix the seat heaters.
    I remember a Volvo customer that had me fix the seat heater but not a leaking water pump. Then a few weeks later her husband at the service counter, bitching that the car was just in for service and here he was back again with a bad water pump. After we showed him the old bill stating it needed a water pump, he said some not so nice things about his wife, and told us to always call him about the car.

7. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where I live there is no need for seat warmers but I understand the need for it in other places. But.... I'd rather have a car that works than one that is keeping my ass warm but is stuck out there in the middle of nowhere.

8. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny,my local paper has an article about a neighborhood near me that is in a low lying area on the bay. But one of the big issues with peoples autos there is because of the constant flooding of salt water ,,cars and trucks only last about 3-4 years on average.

9. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck with the new Frontier. We have a 2005 Pathfinder that shares the platform and many mechanicals with your truck. We had a ton of "first model year" issues with this vehicle, and I would never again buy the first year of any new model again, but I think Nissan has worked out all the kinks by now. Even with all the problems, it still rides as well with 142,000 miles as the day we drove it off the lot. The 4.0 liter V-6 doesn't burn any oil. Fuel economy stinks, but its rock solid with a body on frame when many of the newer SUV's are unibody.

As for bun warmers, these are a must have in the winter for me. I am spoiled having driven in the most comfortable seats in both of my two Volvo's,

10. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I feel good about it. We ended up with blue. It should be here, rustproofed, ready to go by Thursday. Maybe Wednesday if it arrives early enough to get rust proofed.

11. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When my husband was looking for a new truck - I went with him and it had to pass my standards. He wanted a rough work truck. He ended up getting an F250 King Ranch edition -- all the bells and whistles. It has the a$$ warmers and also the a$$ coolers -- blows air conditioning right up the sweaty leather seats and tushy cracks in the Texas summer.

12. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of truck owners in here. We're first time truck owners.

I'm going to put air ride or "air bags" on the truck for comfort and stability since we will be hauling a big motorcycle and we do have a utility trailer. Do you have them? Did you notice a difference in comfort?

13. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with your on the climate controlled seats, though here "swamp ass" is a serious affliction and cooled seats are a Godsend.

14. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All I will say is that I live in Florida. It doesn't get very cold (for me) but I love the heated Leather Captain Seats in my SUV.
    I use it mainly for my lower back and will never buy a new Vehicle that doesn't have heated seats. A few years ago I started
    looking for a new SUV and asked about Heated Seats and the Salesman says: This is Florida you do not need Heated Seats...
    Without saying a word I got in my SUV and drove away.

15. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delivery of my truck has been delayed until Tuesday. :thumbsdown:

However, they are giving me a loaner from Saturday to Tuesday. :peace:

16. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    snort :haha:

LolaDoggie, I wish you many miles of driving your new truck and enjoying the a$$ heaters!

17. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They gave me the loaner that's covered in all the dealer logos, ads, etc. :Þ

18. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got the truck. Who cares? What about that free dealership trip to Vegas?

It's 2 nights, airfare from Detroit to Vegas (I hope to God it's a direct non stop flight). And...you can make modifications ie; adding nights. Woohooo!

I'll post more details when I have the chance. I picked up the truck and I have errands to run before work tonight.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.