1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

cosmo Bond bar drink tickets

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BarbaryCoast, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's definitely a big issue, too. I would always tip like $5 when getting fancy drinks comped while playing. I'm much less likely to do that if I have to pay $15 for a cocktail.

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This exactly what mirage did. I could handle this. Hit each bar for one beer or mixed drink each for the night, and if I still want to play there after that just deal with the slow ass waitresses and settle for Fat Tire.

Glad you chewed the manager out. 45 minutes is not a good sign. Are you able to give us an idea of coin-in amount during that time? Or the number of identity points while playing? Since you waited that long, I doubt you were waiting on a time limit.

I'm guessing the coin-in requirement was much higher than I hoped ($100).

3. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True - hit and run each bar for the first free drink, then they will take that away and then nobody will play at their bar tops at all :) I get the feeling they might pilot it and dump it down the road. I just dont see people playing VP seriously at Bond like they might at Mirage or MB. I have spent many a night there and never have I seen more than a handful of people playing and being serious about it. The place is simply too distracting! lol they might as well just rip the machines out.

Yeah $100 coin in would be fair but clearly after 45 mins, there is no way. It seems like the coin in requirement might be 5x or even 7x that amount. That or they give them quicker to $1 players like a post mentioned previously about the Mirage. It might give preference to higher denomination players.

4. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope it fails, but they make so much money at full price. This policy could clear up space for those willing to pay for the drinks, which may not be a bad thing for cosmo.

To cover a $15 drink in full, they need $375 coin-in (300 hands) from someone that gives them a 4% theoretical loss (8/5 DDB player with moderate errors). Why I was hoping $100 coin-in would be the cutoff as that would cover their "actual cost".

5. DRich2

DRich2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What would people consider a fair amount of play for a free drink coupon?

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To whoever authorized this policy

[​IMG]

7. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep for sure if they keep it up fuck em 2-3 trips will be good enough comlared to 6-7 a year now.

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the old cliche of "stepping over dollars to pick up pennies."

Every time I've played at bond I've seen tons of people paying full price already. Most people had no interest in playing vp even when sitting at a machine.

9. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly what I see also. I dont see anybody ever having an issue with getting there drinks either at a full bar. People reach over me all of the time while playing, doesn't stop anyone.

10. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'll report on this from Cosmo this trip if we even hit any bartops, seems like floor service so good and prefer the STP anyway so play on floor, or probably will play mostly craps. but if I do happen to hit a VP bar, I'll report back, should be playing $1 or $2.

11. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would be more fair if they told you how many points you need to earn this second drink.

12. BarbaryCoast

BarbaryCoast Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think at least 50 points

13. BarbaryCoast

BarbaryCoast Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like they've run off all the hookers too, and there's a ton of guys late night hanging out waiting for them. about the saddest thing I've ever seen

14. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would seem to work better if they had you insert your player's card first and get a drink up front. It would be easy to "track" those that just order and flee and the true player. If you don't have a player's card, get one or pay for the first drink while playing to earn the second. They get all sorts of information via the player card and it would seem this would weed out the freeloaders in a short period of time.
    But I am not sure of the objective when a new policy just "appears" and little other information is available at the bar.

15. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they implement this foolishness at Queue Bar before my trip in two weeks I'm going to be pissed! Cosmo has always been so good about comping premium drinks for bar top players, if that goes away so does a lot of my interest in staying there.

16. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds reasonable, especially for a bar that is probably selling plenty of $15 cocktails without the VP players.

I don't like it because I'm sure it will slowly spread to more and more bars. But I can't fault them for wanting a modicum of play in return for well made cocktails in bars like this where most people are paying for the drinks.

17. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That will hurt the bar's business a lot. A bar can exist without any VP machines or VP players, but it can't without hookers.

18. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did mirage ever reverse the drink ticket policy?

19. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get Bond bar I suppose. At night, I only twice got a seat there at night. But during the day it is empty and makes no sense. I guess they cannot turn it on and off as the day goes.
    I hope it does not spread beyond bond... or my bartop play will stop. When I can get 7/5 on the floor no need to play 6/5 at the bar without the comped drinks esp if it takes 45 mins or longer to get a ticket. I will be interested to see people's reports here.

20. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But that system upgrade probably would have cost more money. :evillaugh

And 50 points doesn't sound good ($300 coin-in; 240 max bet quarter hands). :( On "slow", if I played as fast as I could with letting the machine count up wins, a way of playing I don't find that fun (unless I'm winning), that's 22.5 minutes for me at quarters. Hope it fails.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.