1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Have any Canadian got their IRS refund back from 2014?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by westcanguy, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes sir. hoping it would come soon so I could take advantage of this weak Can $. Of course I would keep some US$ for upcoming Vegas trip

2. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nov 20th, still waiting for 2014 but didn't file till June. Last year though I had 5 g coming back and was really kinda like wanting it and I got a letter in the mail telling me they sent a cheque but it was undeliverable to my address, had I changed my address? I had been at the same address for 26 years? And had received refunds there before. Now, the problem THIS YEAR (for 2014), as I still have not received my refund, I have sent them duplicates and asked if they actually received the originals as it's never taken this long to get the refund. Problem is, I actually this year Oct 1 HAVE CHANGED ADDRESSES, so I've really messed things up now. I sent them a change of address in the same letter but said no problem if the cheque is on it's way though cause I have had mail forwarded for 4 months. (but if I remember, does the envelope say "DO NOT FORWARD MAIL") ?...I think I'm screwed. And yes, to the people who use the GET BACK TAX companies, once you learn to do it yourself, it's quite easy. I don't have a problem emailing or faxing an example return. And when and if I get my money for 2014, you lose sooo much changing it back to Cdn, so it's going into my US account. I've been down technically 10 times this year, (hah the forms want technically, as one of them was to go on the MBay cruise so that counts for twice entering and leaving the US) so NOT GOING AGAIN TILL JANUARY.

3. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can email a return??

4. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry Flusher. No. What I meant is another Canadian degenerate gambler years ago had emailed me his "Sample return", so it was easy to follow. (and me being a bookkeeper I found the return hard to follow until I saw an example.). One of the Tax Back places wanted close to 50% of what I had coming back. So I was grateful for the sample return. I get back every penny every year. I only have about $2000 coming this year from 2014, but for 2015,,,I have close to $6000, so every US penny helps. And I'm filing early in January this time. StupidAss me waiting till June.

5. Big dam

Big dam Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It wouldn't have mattered if you filed in January, I filed the first week of January and still have got my refund.

6. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm assuming you meant you still NEVER got your return back....

I also filed in the first week of Jan....nothing here yet!

7. Big dam

Big dam Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I meant haven't got my refund yet.

8. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend in the UK has had a letter this week from IRS saying it will be another 180 days. That's very bad. She filed in January too from her win in May 2014.

9. Hubble

Hubble Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got my letter Mailed Nov 16th from Austin..."We're reviewing.....blah blah blah....In order to provide a complete response , we need an additional 180 days to let you know what action we are taking on your account. You don't need to take any further action now on this matter."...."If after our review you are due a refund, we will pay you interest on that amount from the later of the due date or the date you filed your return (Jan 2015). If we need less than 180 days to review your account, we will issue you a refund which will include any interest due at that time"

Comforting to say the least....They do note that you can call if any questions....I wil let you know how my call goes ..if I get thru....

10. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mrs. Flusher and I both got the dread 180 day letter. Nov 16 as well.

Rat IRS Bastards!!!!!

11. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not heard a thing yet!!

12. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still waiting...

13. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I emailed RMS 2 days ago to see if they got a letter for us but she hasn't bothered to respond.

14. westcanguy

westcanguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This morning, I went onto the "Where's my refund" page on the IRS site. Plugged in my info and expected to see the same thing I have been reading for the last 12 months... but no... It said that my refund has been processed, approved and mailed to me on December 11th and to not contact them until after January 8th 2016 if it doesn't show up for any reason. It's only taken 12 months but I'm actually getting my refund!

People, go check that site and see if your info has been updated.

15. HollisTheCat

HollisTheCat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my MIL & BIL got the notice theirs was mailed on 12/11 as well.

16. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well that's good news so far! I've had nuttin either.

17. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine is on its way!! Woohoo!!!

18. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy crap. I didn't get so lucky. I called the NON 1 - 877 #, but only spent about 8 minutes to get someone. When I went on WHERE'S MY REFUND, it said mine was being reviewed, but ALERT to call the number below etc. After changing my address (I'm sure that could be one of the holdbacks) she did say my change of address did go through, but that refunds were frozen Jun 1st for a period of 180 days (6 months) and that if you hadn't received yours by December 15th it could be held for a further 180 days. She apologized for the delay but asked us to be patient. They have no idea why this year there is so much of a delay. I'm one of the ones who didn't even send mine in until Jun 22/15, so I guess I may have to wait till next year....I'll keep checking the website though. Thanks for the page Wescanguy.

19. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grrr, mine still says the same thing. Neither us nor RMS have received the letter that they need another 180 days.

20. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Have you used RMS before? 2014 was my first year to file and i used them. Still waiting, no letter and they have no info either

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.