1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Rewards Visa not giving all Reward Credits

Discussion in 'Comps' started by cphllps, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone else noticed that the reward credits reflected on their Total Rewards monthly statement as much less than the purchases made with their Total Rewards Visa card?

I was just reviewing October statements and found that the RC's reported to Total Rewards are about 500 less than then actual dollar amount charged for the same period. Also looking back I found no activity credit in Entertainment (Dining, Shopping, Hotel Stays) for our trip to Vegas on our May statement although we ate 90% of all meals on Caesar properties.

2. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had an issue with getting the correct amount of reward credits. I would contact Comenity and talk to them about the issue.

3. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they gice you RC's for the taxes too? Maybe that's the difference?

4. siwst852

siwst852 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found that the 2x rewards for restaurant, gas and groceries is NEVER accurate. When questioned they state that not all restaurants and grocery stores register as such and so they don't give 2x rewards. Of about 1,600 charged at supposed 2x rewards categories , only 600 was credited as double.

5. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun Fact for those of you on the East Coast: the TR Visa counts BJs Wholesale as grocery.

6. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The taxes on what I charged would have been only about $100.00. I sent Comenity a message asking how they calculated RC's but haven't heard back yet.

7. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never paid attention to see if the RCs are accurate. I guess I'll look this month.

8. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This happens with my Amex card. I'm supposed to get 3X points on entertainment but when I bought my CFL season's tickets our CFL team didn't show up as an entertainment company. it showed up on their system as a sports company. I tried arguing that I'm not playing the stupid games, I'm just watching them but no luck.

9. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heard back from both Comenity and Total Rewards. Total rewards told me that any charges from about the 27th-28th (Feb 25th) until the end of the month won't show until the next month. When I looked at my charges from the 28th of one month to the 27th of the next, the rewards were closer to what they should be. Will see what happens next month as I purchased plane tickets during this cycle which are supposed to be at 2x's.

10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The classification mentioned above is also not set by the card company. Normally this is set by the merchant or their processing company when they are setting up their credit card processing to start with.

A simple example of this is if you go to McD's your account is authorized for the amount of purchase. At a sit-down restaurant it is authorized for amount plus a tip % set up when account is created. In our town our local KFC is set up as a regular restaurant vs. a fast food restaurant - so it authorizes the amount plus 20% tip. It always hard-charges properly, but it is a bit startling when the amount is displaying totally different than what you purchased.

11. siwst852

siwst852 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am trying to keep track and figure out what counts and what doesn't but this is becoming to complicated and not worth it. I basically have stopped charging on the card. I was hoping to charge the 10,000 and get diamond for next year for my birthday but ....

12. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The charge 10,000 is exactly that and it isn't full diamond but a VIP card that lets you use diamond check in lines.

13. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The card doesn't get you Tier points, only RCs. It won't be able to get you Diamond level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.