1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Borgata Rewards - Review

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently went to the Borgata, took my dad.

Here is a review of the rewards I got via MyVegas:

$10 Free Slot play - Gave me $15.80
    $25 Match Play - hit on it via Craps, paid me $25
    1 free buffet - to be honest, the buffet was just OK, much to my suprise
    1 Borgata Sweatshirt - It's ugly, but warm
    1 free room - Room was beautiful, and the beds are the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in
    1 set of bed sheets - They are just bed sheets
    1 Whoopie Pie - It was good, really sweet!

July 19th - July 24th
  2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info - I have most of these I plan to redeem next month. As for the buffet, I tried it over the Labor Day holiday and frankly, it sucked in both food and service. There is fine print on the reward however that says if the buffet is closed you can use the same amount of the buffet at Metropolitan as a credit (which I would much rather do as I like it there).

3. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting, I really liked the buffet. haha I'm guessing y'all have higher standards than me, rather than the food being better when I was there. I am usually very pleased by Cravings at Mirage and even the MGM Grand Buffet. Service was slow though. Certainly agree there.

4. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both the Mirage and MGM Grand Buffet Trump the Borgata buffet, in my opinion. Actually, the Golden Nugget in AC is much better, go figure! Also, I left out the service aspect which jr7110 touched on. He's absolutely correct, it was unbelievably slow. For me, I just needed water as I don't drink soda, but it took 15 minutes to get our drinks. Our plates were not cleared once.

Whatever, it was free, and I still left a decent tip.

July 19th - July 24th
  5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip about the buffet. My brother went over the summer and said it was not very good, but I dismissed his opinion due to his hyper critical nature, he is a chronic complainer except if it's something that he made.

I think Harrahs Waterfront Buffet is the best one down there, although Golden Nugget is also pretty good.

6. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've also gone to the Harrah's Waterfront Buffet and agree that it blows the Borgata Buffet out of the water (no pun intended) but the one drawback is that it is only open on certain days and times.

7. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to pay for the buffet so I did not leave a tip (and I am a very good tipper under normal circumstances). It was fairly empty when I was there, but somehow my server performed a disappearing act that would have made David Copperfield green with envy. She also never cleared the plates, brought the wrong drinks (giggled "I'm sorry" then returned with one correct drink and one incorrect one but forgot water and straws. She darted away before I could ask for a straw,. When I finally spotted her, I motioned to her and she saw me and promptly ignored me, which caused me to have to get up from the table and chase her down to get the straws).

The selections were dismal and what I did sample tasted just okay but not good enough to pay what the buffet was asking. I kept glancing around to see if I had somehow been magically transported to the Circus Circus buffet.

After that she never returned to the table so there was no way I was leaving a tip for such poor service. I wanted to fill out a customer opinion card but they conveniently didn't have any for me to fill out. I only got the MyVegas reward so I can see if I can use the credit at Metropolitan when I go next month.

8. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually made it to the CC buffet on my last trip due to a combination of having enough comps to cover dinner, indecision, laziness, curiosity and timing. Yep, it's pretty bad, the round of "beef" still had marks on it from the Jockey. Several yelp'ers compared it to Golden Corral, but I've never been. The room was packed around 5:30 pm on a weeknight, so there is no need to upgrade or change.

9. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely prefer Harrahs waterfront buffet as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.