1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wanting to switch from Aria to... (suggestions for mid-range player)

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Hendricks1, Nov 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendricks1

Hendricks1 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have only stayed at Aria/Bellagio/Cosmo on my trips to Vegas and wanting to venture out a bit. Only play blackjack, $1000-1500 a hand for 4+ hours a day on 2-3 day trips.

Aria: Have a dedicated host, they comp rooms, takes care of all food, spa, and some shows. Never get penthouse rooms or anything, just corner suites in main tower or basic rooms in skysuites. I feel like I'm missing something here, the rooms are nice, but leave a bit to be desired I think given my play.

Cosmo: Have a host, don't know his name because he never reaches out, just get mailed offers for wraparound suites and call in to get all charges taken care of on backend.

Bellagio: Have a host that never reaches out or offers anything, but if I inquire he will put me in a basic room and comp backend.

I know I'm not a huge player in comparison to some, but I feel like my play warrants some nicer accommodations. Am I missing something here? I give the majority of my action to Aria and switch to Cosmo/Bellagio when I have a bad run at Aria. I can understand Cosmo/Bellagio not doing much for me, but Aria doesn't seem right.

My question is this: where might my play be valued more that offers a similarly nice environment? I'm thinking V/P? Don't really care for the TR properties, but I've also never given their high limits rooms or their nice hotel rooms a shot. I really like the high limit room at the Aria because of the privacy, great drinks and overall look and feel. The Cosmo doesn't do much for me and the high limit room at Bellagio never seems to have enough people in it and it seems a little cramped, in my opinion.

Any suggestions on where to try that might be a better fit? Planning another trip here soon and want to try somewhere new.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something is missing here.

Are these numbers actually from your host or just your guesses? What is your credit line? I'm assuming at least 50k for that level.

Nobody actually getting rated for yellow chip play is getting stuck in a regular room.

But without your actual rating from your last couple of trips, it's all conjecture.

But the better place to stay at that level is the Skylofts.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hard to say where you would be "happy", but I would consider staying in the Mlife family since they already have your play in the system. I would assume you already have corporate offers via mail, email or on mlife.com that include suites, etc.

M-Bay or MGM both have some nice facilities and suites. Gives you a change of scenery, food, etc. Both of those would treat you way better than Aria/Bellagio.

4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter is correct that something is missing here form the equation. Aria has some bad hosts. But even the bad hosts are not going to put a yellow chip player in a standard room. How much are you playing?

In any event, it sounds like your priority is the nicest room or suite for your level of play. I would suggest Wynn. The comps won't be quite as good as what you're getting at MGM, but the suites are very nice and I think the layout and design of the high limit room would be more to your liking than Bellagio or Cosmo. I would also consider MGM Grand. You already have play history with MGM, so you should have no problem getting a host to take care of you. The suites there are not as nice as Aria (until you get to the Skyloft or Mansion level), but you're only getting a corner suite right now at Aria anyway. But the high limit at MGM also feels a bit more spacious than some of these other places. Good luck

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  5. bigalbr

bigalbr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just ran some numbers and was totally shocked by them. Somebody please correct me.

If you play $1k/hand, four hours/day, 60 hands per hour you have a daily average of $240K in play. The best games at Aria have a HA of < 0.3%. Using 0.3% as you theoretical loss per hand, your daily value is $720. If the house comps back 35% of your theo, you're worth $252 per day in comps.

Looking at these numbers, I understand why some players only get comped if they lose. It's not hard to give up back end comps to a player that lost $10K. It's a lot harder to comp a guy who won $5k and was only worth $2160 to the house.

6. Hendricks1

Hendricks1 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always check with my host or the pitboss to get my actual play. Last trip was three days, they said $1500 AVG for 10 hours total.

I do not have a CL with them. Is that something that could be hurting me? I always have cash and don't mind carrying it with me. Some trips I can play with 15K for the entire trip if I'm running well and my worst trip was 45K.

I think I will give MGM a shot. Is the Palazzo no good? I've been once, but never stayed and it looked really nice.

7. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What theo number did your host give you? I estimate 1500 avg X 10 hrs should give you about 8-9000 in theo which should earn you a 2-bed room penthouse at the Aria.
    Why don't you ask your host?

8. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well that's why.

You don't have enough at risk and not near enough losses for the big suites.

8-9k theo is right but that's not getting you a 2br suite.

That's a 1br sky suite or 1br Skyloft.

9. Hendricks1

Hendricks1 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That makes sense. Thank you for the insight shifter.

10. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is right on the money!
    Last trip I was about 9K theo and get a one bedroom SkySuite.

11. llebz0rs

llebz0rs Tourist

i am no where a big player as you but i notice mlife treats their mid players like cr*p. 1000 to 1500 a hand is not considered a small player at all. i have a friend who plays about 1k to 1500 per hand at ven / pal and gets the penthouse constantly.

12. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not with a 15k bankroll....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.