1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hat Trick!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HurricaneMikey, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Ok, so I'm kind of recovered from my bout with the flesh-eating monster that put me down for the last week and a half, so I went to work again tonight, feeling much better.

They put me on dice two nights in a row, which has been unheard of there at Sunset--usually it's one night of dice every two weeks...the rest of the time I'm dealing blackjack.

Anyhow, around 1:00 am (about four hours ago...), who stumbles in with an unmistakable grain-train vibe, but our own Vegas Jer and Coaster Kikky...they slide on up to my table and take positions 7 & 8 right next to me. I'm glad they showed up when they did, because at the time I had two of the most obnoxious assholes at my end, so I was able to basically ignore them at that point.

So they bought in and started telling me about their night at the Carnival Court with Keno and Midwife Mama--sounds like everyone had fun. After about 20 minutes, I got tapped out for break.

When I went back to the table, they were still there, but I wasn't calling stick for five minutes before I got tapped out again and sent home early. Score!

You know what that means! Jer is in town so it's time to go make some money at the craps tables... It's happened twice before, most recently just a month ago when we met up with Larry and Vegasbound and had that adventure over 4th of July weekend. So I had to go for the hat trick!

Anyhow, they'd cabbed it over so I offered to give 'em a ride back, and we headed back towards the strip. We were thinking of going back down to the LV Club, but decided against downtown and headed for the Barbary Coast, instead.

It was a full-on Friday night crowd there on the Strip, so the lowest minimums we could find were $10 craps tables. Oh well...we had to take a shot. Luckily it took forever for the dice to make their way down to our end--everyone was having pretty good rolls.

We played for about an hour, each buying in for a hundy and each cashing out between $550 and $650 apiece. Nice!

Once again, Jer comes to town, and once again, I put up a hundy on the dice tables, and once again, I don't have to go to the bank this week to pay the rent. Hah! So now the pattern has been established. Jer is required to come to Vegas the last weekend of every month, that way I no longer have to visit the ATM when the rent is due... I'll leave that 'earned' money in the bank--nothing beats paying the bills with purple chips!

Oh, and as a bonus, while I was standing there at the dice table at Barbary Coast, a guy walked up to me and said "Hey man, you dropped a twenty!" I looked down and right next to my foot was a twenty dollar bill! Score! I picked it up and pocketed it...but I didn't drop it...all I had on me when we got there were hundreds... Nice huh?

Anyhow, after we visited the cage, they were pretty much wiped out and dead on their feet. So I dropped 'em off over at the Rio and made my way home.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Mikey

2. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great News. Hope to see you at the Station soon. :peace:

3. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Good to hear you're feeling better and also nice to hear that your luck continues :thumbsup: So I guess that means were gonna hit some dice tables the end of September. With both you and Jer maybe I can finally get one of those banana chips. :D

I can't believe those two were still at it that late. I got a phone call around 5pm Vegas time and they were definitely feeling no pain then. They were calling from their limo and were heading downtown to ride the train. Jer sent me this photo he took with his camera phone. Not the greatest picture, but you get the idea. Just look at all that wasted space. :mad:

[​IMG]

4. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :goofy:

Actually, that's a pretty cool pic. Probably exactly how it looked at the time too...

5. Smarra17

Smarra17 Poker Queen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone loves a hat trick!

And here I thought it had something to do with the hockey season...good job Mikey! Jer seems to be on a roll and you know you have to respect a streak! Here's to hoping that this one never ends! :thumbsup:

6. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey...glad you're feeling better...being sick sucks no doubt. Can't believe we didn't get to hook up w/ those guys :( we coulda been there w/ ya! We were supposed to but it got pre-empted by some out of town friends. Not that it wasn't very cool to see them but would have loved to seen you guys too and that same fuzzy photo of Kikky thru my eyes...lol You'll have to show me the ropes in craps someday.... only played once and was just betting the pass line and the next few come bets (when they came). Didn't really know what I should be doin w/ the odds and all. Seemed like placing a bet on the 6 & 8 was a good idea but didn't know the process for that either. ~ Dino

7. RamBill

RamBill Tourist

Sweet!! So you guys lose my number or somthing??????

8. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Nice! Glad to hear the streak continues...

9. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm alive. I think...

But I do want to correct a misconception. There was no grain train involved. Extremely copious amounts of alcohol, but not a one from La Bayou and not a one containing Everclear. We're saving that for September (i.e., we want to live that long...)

The only train we rode was the coaster at Sahara. Thankfully that was only 2 or 3 beers in. We had an all-day ride pass, but after the 9 or so Jer pounded at Sahara, backed up by my 6 or 7, we decided that maybe going upside down wouldn't be in our best interest.

If work isn't horribly busy tomorrow, I'll put up a trip report then. I'm in considerably better health than I was in March despite getting even less sleep (I did eat meals; I do believe that made a difference).

10. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking at that pic & hearing "That's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it..." jamming on the stereo.

11. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

HEY!! what ever happend to "what happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas?!!"

12. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Oops :blink:

13. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

Looks like a good time from all perspectives. See y'all before you know it. :thumbsup:

14. FLGambler

FLGambler Tourist

:nworthy: you guys know how to throw them bones
    That's a good return on a hundy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.