1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Has anyone stayed in remodeled rooms at Four Queens?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by zoey11, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious if anyone has seen the remodeled rooms yet? Also, which tower is the one away from Freemont street? Is it the one you pay extra for?

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have my brother and Sil setup for one beginning Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. Three comped nights. They are in the south tower and I'm also curious to see what they have done. They were charging a premium, but waived it when I complained.

I'll take pictures. Well actually, I've have my wife take pictures when I check in for them.

3. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please do. This is great news. I was unaware of any remodeling and their rooms leave much to be desired. I may have to give the 4Q another shot. Full property refurb, or only certain floors?

Thanks, Nick:beer:

4. zoey11

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, please let us know and thanks!

5. zoey11

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great thanks so much!!!

6. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A housekeeper attempted to show me a "remodeled" room at the Four Queens last month. She couldn't find an unoccupied one, so she could not let me inside the occupied room she showed me. I was only able to look in from the doorway. From that point of view, I could hardly tell the main part of the room from a non remodeled room. I know the bathroom was redone, and likely is a big improvement, but I could not see it from where I was standing. She said the tubs were turned into stand up showers.

7. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's good to know that they have some flexibility in room comps, Joe. We had a room booked for 3 nights this week (we had to cancel our trip) and they told my husband they would upcharge $30 per night for a renovated room. Husband agreed to it but I would have questioned the charge for what really is a decent room compared to an unacceptable room pre-renovation.

Nick, as far as I've heard, they only renovated a handful of rooms on some floors. It certainly wasn't property wide. They will give a full comp for the old rooms but are charging extra for the new rooms which is complete crap in my mind. If they are getting enough backlash from it, I would hope they start comping the renovated rooms fully.

8. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fact that you have to pay $10/night extra to go from their basic room where you have no control of the room temperature to a room with 50 more square feet and can control your climate is a rip off as well :)

I really look forward to seeing a renovated room picture. Their website says they will post them, but the judging Four Queens website history and how they just left the 1990's...we may get renovated room pictures in 2020.

9. gbarber

gbarber Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a south tower remolded room two weeks ago. Had two nights comped and paid for the third at the discount rate. They did not up charge me for the room. The bathroom was a major upgrade from the old. Had a walk in shower with sliding glass doors, big shower head and two small side spray heads. New top with built in sink, kind of different, not really a sink but a slatted drain. The bathroom was nice but still small. The rest of the room was just a fluff and buff......new paint, curtains, carpet, etc. The TV and furniture may have been the same. A major improvement but not super deluxe. As always, will continue to stay at the Queens.

10. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Confirmed with the hotel that these are called the "Superior" rooms, so it looks like they will have Standard, Deluxe, and Superior rooms. They are available for $30/night more on top of the basic room.

I cannot tell if it is really a good deal. She confirmed they are in the South tower which means you get a fresh room away from some of the noise.

11. zoey11

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure it's worth 30 more, but would certainly be worth trying the 20 tip for a week of an upgraded room.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.