1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Diamond Celebration Dinner Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by cjohnson202, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys,

I made diamond in July but never got to use my celebration dinner because apparently those only are credited once a week and I would be going home before it came on my account. I'm not back in Vegas until January and I was under the impression that my celebration dinner wouldn't expire until march 31st and then I'd get another $100 celebration dinner on April 1st when the new year of diamond started. However, I just got an email from TR saying to use my $100 celebration dinner before it expires, though no dates were mentioned.

Is what I believe correct or will this first $100 dinner expire on January 1st?

2. Ftomasze

Ftomasze Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good question, this is my first year as diamond and would like to know too.

3. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used mine up ASAP, had dinner at Giadas, fantastic. Have you tried emailing your host?

4. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $100 Diamond dinner will expire on March 31, 2016. You do not automatically get another dinner on April 1. You'd have to earn the TCs in 2016 to obtain another $100 Diamond dinner.

5. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome thanks for the response!

6. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless this rule has changed in the past year or so, I'm pretty sure this is not correct information. To verify, I did a search and found this thread about it. There are at least 3 people there saying what I believe to be true, that if you make Diamond this year, you get the $100 dinner next year as well.

http://blonde4ever.yuku.com/topic/26835/Diamond-Aspirations?page=2#.Vj3YSLerQ4k

7. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're quoting a 2 year old thread. They introduced the $100 Diamond celebration dinner in 2013 and in the first year, allowed those making diamond, the dinner in the following year. It is no longer the case. If you make Diamond in 2015, you have until March 31, 2016 to use it. For Any Diamond Aspiration level earned in 2015, the benefits can be used up yo June 30, 2016 ( new thus year).

8. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This info is absolutely correct.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure, until they change it again!

And we wonder why the boothlings have trouble giving us answers.

LOL!

10. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I typically make Diamond level every year around the fall. But I use my $100 dinner around July or August of the following year. I made Diamond until March 2017 for reaching 15,000 tier points in October a week ago. Unless they are going to change it, I'm pretty sure I can use my next $100 dinner by March 2017. I use the $100 every year, but I don't go to Vegas between November and April (around 5.5 months).

I remember when I couldn't use my 40,000 tier point Diamond aspiration level $100 benefit because that had to be used by March of the year directly following the year that I reached it. I got the aspiration level on my last day there in December 2013, but I didn't go back to Vegas until April 2014.

11. c21mling

c21mling Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK , this is a very confusing topic. For players that make Diamond every year, they only get the $100 food credit once a year starting from April 1 and end at March 31 the following year. If you did not earn 15000 TC last year and was not a Diamond on April 1 this year, you did not get the $100 credit at that time. Since you made the Diamond in the following months, the $100 food credits for this year would be rewarded to you account after you achieved the Diamond. Also since you achieved Diamond this year, next April 1 you will still be a Diamond player. If Harrah's does not change their award, you will get another $100 food credit good till the March 31 2017! I hope this explanation help.

12. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ^^^^^ This is what happened to me. Made Diamond and used one $100 credit in November. Then received another this year on 4/1. Re-made Diamond this year but will not get another one until 4/1/16 as I already received my '2015' one.

13. Aces and Eights

Trips to Las Vegas:
    c21mling and jgates8 are both correct. It is confusing, but I always use my $100 dining credit around a year after I make my 15k tier points. That's how I keep it straight. Since I got my 15k points last week for 2015, I will use my $100 dining credit for that next summer or fall. And I plan to keep Diamond status year-long every year (unless an unforeseen circumstance occurs).

14. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This makes sense and matches what the CET Agent told me when I made diamond.

I made diamond in July and have until March 31st, 2016 to use my $100 dinner. On April 1st, I will get another $100 dinner to use before March 31st, 2017. She did say that the second one will all depend on the 2016 Total Rewards program, which hasn't been announced yet, which means if they got rid of the celebration dinner or changed the terms, I may not get another April 1st. But under the current 2015 rules, I would.

15. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just made diamond last month. They did tell me I needed to use my $100 dinner by March. I don't remember ever needing to use it that soon but maybe I never made diamond so late in the year. Can we use the $100 dinning credit at NOBU? I will be staying at Caesars next month.

16. Aces and Eights

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was the list that LVChix posted on a similar thread.
    CETRestaurants.jpg

17. Aces and Eights

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The original was better resolution and larger, but I couldn't find it again to make it better.

18. LVchix

LVchix Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No worries - let me post it again [emoji1][​IMG]

19. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perfect. Thanks. I made reservations so I didn't want to find out I could not use it at Nobu.

20. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Imagine the feast you could have at Fulton Street Food Hall. It's actually really good there and very reasonably priced

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.