1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM in January - VIP line can't upgrade me now -have to wait until check in

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by vwhiten, Nov 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked this offer back in March. Since I called the VIP line on the offer I never got an email confirmation. I have the offer and confirmation number and just wanted to double check and make sure everything was in order. Reservation is good - a Grand King Room. I wanted to see if I could go ahead and upgrade to an Executive King - knowing that it was going to cost more. The reservation/VIP clerk said that suites were only available at check in and I would have to ask when I checked in???? Find this a little odd because when I have made reservations in the past through mlife and then get emails about a month or two out offering an upgrade for a suite. I know it is probably better to wait and ask for an upgrade and just use the $20 sandwich -- which I have never done. We are arriving early and I just wanted to secure an Executive King -- although the Grand King suites us just fine.

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They'd rather not book you into a higher level room at what amounts to a discount until they think they can't sell it at full price.

BTW, when booking through VIP Services, normally you should get an email confirmation with a PDF file attached when you book, and they should be able to generate one if you call and ask. Not saying there's any reason to worry about the reservation, just that you should be able to get a printable copy if you want one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.