1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thanksgiving week/weekend in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by FuzzyDiceCraps, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As always, my wife and I are "enjoying" planning our holiday schedule for Thanksgiving, when we visit what seems like a million different events in a "relaxing" 2 day span. Being in Vegas the week before this year, we've mentioned how nice it would be to just go to Vegas for Thanksgiving and not worry about coordinating with extended family events. For about two weeks neither of us followed up on it. I know I assumed my wife was joking, and would get upset if I suggested it seriously, as she would accuse me of not wanting to spend time with her family; and I think she assumed the same motivation for me. Turns out we both are serious and we're thinking about Thanksgiving in vegas for 2016.

So my question...what's vegas like that week/weekend? The offers we get seem to be pretty good, so I'm thinking it might be a somewhat slower time?

Not being in our 20's anymore, we don't mind a slightly slower vegas.

2. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been three times at US thanksgiving. It all seemed pretty normal to me. I certainly haven't noticed much of a difference.

3. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go every year that week. First part of the week is very slow then it picks up for Thanksgiving. Thursday-Saturday feels like a normal weekend crowd.

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've been the last 4 years in Vegas for TG. I concur with your assessment.

5. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool thanks for the replies all, obviously its a ways away, but before we got too caught up in everything wanted to run it by all your experts here. Think we'll tentatively put it on the calendar for next year :)

6. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've spent several Thanksgivings in Las Vegas. As reported, it's not a busy holiday - with one exception. Everyone, and I mean everyone goes out to dinner. Even many of the locals. As a result, buffet lines are crazy long and any decent restaurant requires reservations.

Bill

7. chadt100

chadt100 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been going out the last few years the week of Thanksgiving. Leaving on Thanksgiving day. It is slower that time of year and that is what I like. The only thing is a lot shows are dark that week if your a show goer.

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been doing Thanksgiving weekend in Vegas for years now. I always fly in Friday morning, and it's amazing to see the crowd build over the course of the day; my theory is that everyone in Southern California gets drunk the night before and decides to drive to Vegas (I imagine there's high-fiving involved). At least at Aria and Bellagio, there's always tons of people and it's a very high-energy crowd, more so than an average non-holiday weekend in my opinion. Then Sunday afternoon comes around and it's absolutely dead. That Monday is always extremely quiet, which, to be honest, I like as well.

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will be our fourth Thanksgiving in a row spent in Vegas. We arrive Thursday at 11AM. From a downtown prospective, the crowds are normal. But, as UTE mentioned the buffets lines are crazy long. The one at MSS usually stretches out the door, past the Boar's Head Bar and sometimes all the way to the valet door.

We don't need the traditional meal. Our plan is 777 when we arrive and then maybe Pizza Rock or Chicago Brewing for a pizza after the 5:30 PST Packers/Bears game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.