1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best way to convention center? Monorail?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by FuzzyDiceCraps, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what's the easiest way to get to the convention center from the strip? Monorail? Is it walkable?

For the life of me, I can't recall ever going there before.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are lots of convention centers, but assume you are talking about the off strip over by the former LasVegas Hilton.

As to "from the strip"... that depends on where you are. Since the mono runs down the back of the east side, being there makes it better. If you are at MGM/Paris/Harrahs, then the monorail works great.

Walkable? Again, depends where you are on the strip. Check out this map

3. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I guess I should have been more specific. :)

We're staying at V/P, but we'll be coming to the strip from the M Resort on Saturday to get my wife's bib for the Marathon. She picks it up at the expo held at the convention center. We can obviously just take a cab all the way from the M, but I think we're leaning more toward hitting the strip on our way to (and from) the M. I've never made use of the monorail, wasn't sure if that was the easiest way to get over there or if there was some other way to do it that would work out better.

4. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We take the monorail every trip as we are at the convention center 2 days on business. It's definitely fast and less expensive than a taxi. The bus takes forever. We like to stop on the way back from the convention center and explore a few places on our way back to the room. We usually get a BOGO 2 day pass from MyVegas.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have read the post three times and a bit confused. You are staying at V/P but going to and from M Resort. Getting to Monorail from M resort of course does not work. From V/P, the nearest stop is between Linq and Harrahs.

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are coming in from the M, why not just drop her off and pick her up when she is done? Unless you both want to go through the expo, if she is just going to pick up her bib you don't really need to park there.

As for best way, it depends how much you want to spend. The simplest would be to just pay for parking there. If you want to avoid the traffic then take the monorail. If you are really the frugal type then take the bus but expect it to take longer.

If you are coming from the V/P you could either take the monorail but I think the Wynn also has a shuttle that goes out to that area. Not sure if it still is in use but I remember seeing the stop off of paradise.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.