1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ok...I'm an awful member, promise to be better. A re-introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Gaylord Focker, Nov 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaylord Focker

Gaylord Focker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I owe VMB a sincere apology. I've been a looooong time lurker (since 2003!) but have never been a good, consistent contributor on here and always disappear after my trips. I even remember following Hurricane Mikey's exploits as a dealer in Vegas which seems ages ago.....

I am sorry because my participation on this board has been limited and I always tell myself I'm going to report back to VMB with a TR and I never do. My 'excuse' is simple....I go through a severe post Vegas depression where I just haven't been able to come on here and even think about Vegas. My excitement about upcoming trips always lures me back on here to read about new things to check out and to follow all of the great TR's you guys put on here. I always feel so guilty that I 'use' this board for myself and don't offer enough in return.

This is my official declaration/promise to be a better VMB contributor in the future. I PROMISE! I am planning my first ever TR next week, and I've already downloaded Tapatalk so I can do it live. This will force me to get over that hump of dreading coming online and posting my TR after my trip...I'm a procrastinator by nature. Couple that with my post vegas depression and I just never get it done. The TR's with pics seem so much easier and doing it live, especially on this upcoming solo-trip seems so much easier to me.

Sorry guys.....I'll be better, I promise.

Some things about me - My favorites:
    Hotels -
    PH, Mirage, Wynn, Luxor, Hard Rock. I miss the Aladdin (pre-PH). It was gaudy and awkwardly set up, but just loved the tacky decor and the poker room was a fave.

Restaurants -
    Pink Taco, Mr. Lucky's, BLT Burger (Mirage), Craftsteak, Samba, PF Changs, Peppermill, Burger Bar, VooDoo at Rio

Shows -
    Love (favorite), Mystere, Penn & Teller.

My games -
    Poker (NL Holdem), Craps. Some Roulette when too drunk for other games...determined to try VP, the crack of LV!

2. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No worries, mate! No rules, just right! If you really feel bad, why not make a monetary contribution? I think a ten will even get you a wristband!

3. Gaylord Focker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good idea hotreds - will send payment in. Indebted to VMB for all the info I've gotten from it over the years!

4. zhishanzhu

zhishanzhu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you are one of the oldest
    nice to meet you here

5. Gaylord Focker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back then I was going 2-3 times a year, now it's at least once per year, twice if I'm lucky. Next 2 trips I have planned are next week and again with the family next June.

6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For absolution, you must turn in 2 trip reports, make 4 restaurant suggestions, tell us about one thing that has not been reported. Repent, my son.

7. zhishanzhu

zhishanzhu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you will be in vegas next week? alone or with family?
    will you plan to visit any clubs?

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, you are an oldbie if you remember Mikey and those days. :wink2: Don't feel too bad. Trip reports can be a big job. I'm always surprised by how much effort they are for me, especially when you've got the post-Vegas blues. We're happy to have you, TR or not.

9. Gaylord Focker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in Vegas for a quick 3 day seminar. solo trip, Business during the day, most likely drinks, poker, craps and some VP at night. Not a big clubbing guy, lol.

Next week will be a Live TR with pics hammie, so 1st one will be out of the way soon. My top restaurant suggestions, in order of importance: Peppermill, Pink Taco, Mr. Lucky's for 3am drunken breakfast, and Craftsteak when starting a special night out.

Something that hasn't been reported?? Have to think about that one.
    One thing I haven't done is the High Roller....Thinking about hitting happy hour on High Roller next week. Sounds like a fun way to take a ride in it....especially solo.

10. Gaylord Focker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes Sonya....definitely old old school here. VMB is invaluable, imo. It's why I feel indebted to give back for sure.

Live TR may be the answer for me, especially with tapatalk/pics. Seems like it will help me avoid having to deal with post vegas blues when trying to recap my trip after the fact!

11. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder how Mikey is? I wonder about him from time to time. Hope he is well.

12. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I saw word from him, he was doing great! I try to remind him that we miss him on VMB. Problem is that he doesn't miss us enough yet. :haha:

13. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear that. Thanks!:wave:

14. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good onya! Indeed, a most helpful site as Vegas is overwhelming for newbies! And even not so newbies!

15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL. I should add I share your guilt about trip reports. I am bad at it but I at least try and offer any tidbits I pick up during trips.

Most important, have a great trip next week!

16. Spivderman

Spivderman Macallan 17, please!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynn and Peppermill...two great places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.