1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The 30 best things to eat in las vegas for $10 (or less)

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Mirageluvr, Nov 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deleted

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't have the Empanadas, but the $2.50 street tacos at El Dorado Cantina during happy hour (4-6 PM or 12-2 AM) were awesome. Probably the best chips and salsa I've ever had.

3. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    El Dorado is rated 4 1/2 stars on Yelp....must have some tasty offerings. The inside out melt at the Tilted Kilt has my stomach churning to try it. Plus, I understand the scenery is pretty good there. :wink2:

4. davidcyndi

davidcyndi MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing. So many things I would like to try.

5. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ain't that the truth. When we're there in December I might have to go from two meals a day to five. :ssst:

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In n Out burgers, fries and a drink for $5 to $8 depending on the size of your burger.

Market St. Café prime rib meal - $9.99. - complete with all you can eat salad bar (or soup) and a cherries jubilee dessert.

Plate lunch at Aloha Specialties - all under $10.

Cheap Nathan's hot dogs.

actually I never ate any of the places in the article.

7. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for adding to the suggestions listed in the article. Can you believe I've never eaten at In and Out Burger? What am I missing, as I love a good burger? Is Aloha Specialties located in the Cal? I also can't believe I've never eaten at the Cal, as I love Hawaiian food, as I once lived in Wahiawa. I still remember eating poi for the first time in Elementary School....different to say the least.

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nah, In n Out just has affordable burgers. Some people love them, some hate them. Guess when you compare them to the other burger chains like 3 guys, fatburger, bachi burger and others they aren't that great but much better than eating at McD's. Their single patty burger meal comes with fries and a drink and is around $5 so I usually go there for a bite to eat. The meal is filling for me and I don't want to spend a lot on a meal.

Aloha specialties is located upstairs in the promenade between the Cal and MSS. they serve local Hawaiian food (not sure about poi though, lol). The are located right across from the ice cream shop, I think it's Lapperts.

btw, there is an eatery at the cal, called the Cal Lanai that is located on ground floor and is near the entrance that faces binions. This place serves local Hawaiian fast food at affordable prices. I like their fried chicken wings, they come with either bbq or ranch dip so it is an easy snack. I also love the hamburger steak there, 1 scoop rice (the wings also comes with rice) and mac salad and is a good light meal. They also serve bbq beef and other things like katsu, saimin, mixed plate and other things. Many of the Hawaii people visit these places because their food is close to what they have in Hawaii.

I was born in Chicago so had a hard time eating poi. In fact I only can eat it if I put a lot of sugar on it. I can't eat it plain like the local Hawaii people do.

9. Gaylord Focker

Gaylord Focker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite is missing.....Fatburger's bacon & egg sandwich. Best thing I've had in the morning in Vegas. Ever.

10. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's 2 fewer guys in Hawaii, that's why the five guys burgers are better than In n' Out!

Nick:beer:

11. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the point of listing items under ten dollars when you have to sit down at a fine dining restaurant to order them? Do you think Andiamo's would slide me one of those meatballs out the front door?

12. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It may be a better chain in the states, but I have never been the least impressed with five guys. I like in n out better.

13. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're both better than the BK, McD's, Wendy's, Hardees of the world.

Nick:beer:

14. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

wow, really? I walked into the place once, saw the menu and prices and thought "holy sh" and left for In n Out. I wasn't going to spend that much just for a burger.

15. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol

Price is relative.

Some people drop wads to get a stinky finger. I pay $$$ to golf or go to the spa. A $100 steak isn't an eye-batter to some and it would be three days of meals to another.

16. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smashburger in Caesars was good, cheaper with TR card I think.......

17. garlock

garlock Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can always grab a Sub!...lol

18. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm gonna try Tilted Kilt later this month. I popped my head in on my last trip and the scenery was nice. If only the food tastes that -- nice.

19. ruralhipster

ruralhipster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surprised Frozen Ghetto Custard didn't make the list.

I found the food at Siegels 1941 wasn't that good on my last visit, I thought the El Cortez took 2 good restaurants and managed to create 1 mediocre one with poor service and airs above it's station so to speak. O face donuts were pretty average, although they might have the best cappuccino downtown.

A slice at Pizza Rock, a small bowl at Luv-it, a double-single animal-style protein style are things I try to do every trip along with a stiff rum drink at Frankie's Tiki Room.

20. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.