1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Golf and Restaurant Change

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Alpine33, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpine33

Alpine33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

Family and I will be heading back to Wynncore this January, and I've been seized by the crazy idea to play a round of golf at the Wynn course with my father. The only thing is, neither of us have spent more than a few hours playing around at a driving range or mini golf (haha). I am aware of the green fee and the caddy service, and my question is...can a couple of very green non golfers still play the course and have fun? It certainly looks relaxing and fun, but I wouldn't want to be in the way.

Also, we used to live Bartolotta, and just heard about the change to Costa Di Mare. Has anybody eaten here since the change or does anybody know if it's still worth visiting? The food and service there was fantastic last time we went under Chef Bartolotta.

Thank you!

2. fresnofishfan

fresnofishfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on how busy it is. If its wide open and you aren't holding anyone back , you will have fun.
    If you feel rushed because you are holding up the golfers behind you then you will not have much fun.

That's just me, Im a 15 HC , and when I play with buddies who are not very good, I stick to lower end courses that aren't too busy.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WGC only books four tee times/hour and most days doesn't get close to filling the tee sheet. This is a "serious" golf course in terms of price and all, but it's Vegas and money talks. If you guys have fun, don't hold anyone up, don't ratfuck the fairways too badly, no one is going to care. Tip generously as your forecaddie is gonna get a workout!

4. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed.
    Leave it to your caddie to direct traffic in the event someone needs to play through. It won't be a problem, they've seen it all.
    I'd be more concerned with finishing on 18 in front of the folks upstairs watching and not hitting too many into the creek or waterfall pond.

5. rdwoodpecker

rdwoodpecker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I would worry about folks watching me on 18, hell they don't know you anyway and you will never see them again! Ken, what the hell is "ratfuck" the fairways??? Have never heard that one and I have been golfing 46 years. ha

6. mansam

mansam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never heard that either but I'm sure it has to do with some huge divots~ ya know ~ the ones that are so big you can bury a small dog in ha

7. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you will be playing there early jan or so no worries as I will be playing there late jan and by then the "ratfucked fairways" will hopefully be mended by then! LOl. Have a great time and I concur with Ken..

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.