1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

tr diamond resort fees

Discussion in 'Comps' started by kitson, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

so, on my upcoming trip in a week, intend to hit the diamond level..my reservation at the linq is comped for the five nights, except for the 25 dollar a night resort fee.

so, after I get the necessary points to qualify for diamond, can I go to the total reward center, get new cards right away?

can I use the diamond lounges, even if there might be a lag time before points from one tr property, say paris, hit the computer system back at harrahs or the linq?

do I need to point out to the front desk the new status, and will I be able to get the resort fees backed off of this stay?

hope this is in the right forum, if not please move it, mods!

2. Canadianeh

Canadianeh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has been covered in a few places recently, but I'll summarize, after this happened to us this past August, when my wife turned Diamond during our stay at Paris. IF all goes according to plan (we've experience glitches - another long story), get your Diamond Card as soon as you achieve it. Doesn't matter which property, they are all linked and should be no issue. If you happen to be at a different Ceasars property when you hit the big number, just go to that hotel's Total Rewards and get your new Diamond Cards. Then go to your own registration desk with the new Diamond Card, and just confirm that your resort fees will be waived. That will only happen if you don't use the benefits of the resort fee - like logging into the wifi. And yes, the minute you get your Diamond Card, you can go right into the Diamond Lounge... If I were you, I'd do what we did - tell the person at reservations when you check in, that you're very close to Diamond, and will achieve it during your stay, will they waive the resort fees when that happens. They should make a note in your file, and you'll be fine.

3. hearRN

hearRN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The points are pretty accurate for your play baring any bonus tier points you might have accumulated. (mine took 2 days to hit up on my account) I was able to see right at the machine once I hit Diamond status and went up to the TR desk to get new Diamond cards. It doesn't matter what property you're playing at, they will issue you the Diamond card and you're status will be in the system across the properties.

I would definitely go into the Gold check in lounge where you are staying and let them know you reached Diamond Status and would like the resort fee's removed. If you get a hard time, ask to speak with a supervisor. I've found that some of personnel at CET properties do not have uniform answers. I've read that some say that you can't get the fee's removed since you weren't Diamond at time of booking, but that's not the case since I became Diamond during my stay and had them removed.
    Good luck, hope this helps a bit.

As soon as you get that Diamond card you can use the lounges.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, if you need the bonus points, they may not post for a day or two. Usually the next day though.

As long as the "system" has your points, the boothling will give you the new card.

5. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

thanks, guys. yes, I will need the bonus points. I especially will remember to let the check in person know of that, and waive the resort amenities. have not stayed at the linq before, have been using the diamond checkin room at harrahs for a few years once I knew it was ok with the platinum...is there a separate checkin over at the linq?

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like you got your answer. Probably could have gone under Strip Hotels where it comes up often. (sometimes in comps)

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The daily bonus TCs should hit your account between 4:00pm and 5:00pm the "following" day. Or at least that's when I always get the email.

8. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After you pick up your Diamond card....go to the "Diamond / 7 Stars" check-in to confirm your resort fee request. I would not go to any other desk or clerk.... the staff in Diamond / 7 Star are usually well trained and there is usually a host at a desk inside the room if you have further questions.

9. Firedew

Firedew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, VIP check in on the right. Just inside the cab/valet drop off at the Linq.

10. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll get your points right away actually. I always check my points at the TR desk in the morning and my bonus is always already on my file, even though I don't get the email until 4-5pm Vegas time.

I got diamond in July. Went to diamond registration at linq and they immediately waived my resort fee for any remaining nights (but not any of the nights prior to hitting diamond).

I also used the lounge at flamingo right away. When they swiped my card I didn't immediately come up with diamond but they were able to look up how many points I had and they let me in without issue

Only thing you likely won't get right away after hitting diamond will be your $100 celebration dinner. From what I was told, these are awarded on Tuesdays. So I hit mine on a Saturday and flew home Monday night. The $100 wouldn't be on my account until Tuesday or Wednesday, so I'll be using it in January. If you hit diamond on say a Monday and were not going home until Thursday or Friday, you'd likely be fine to get the $100 dinner

11. Canadianeh

Canadianeh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow do they ever have 'slippery' policies! My wife hit Diamond during our stay in July at Paris, and they waived ALL our resort fees! And yet when we checked into Caesars in September WITH my wife's Diamond card on the table at the Diamond Check-in counter, she was told "you know you'll be responsible for your resort fees" (because we booked prior to July), which we had to run around to different offices to eventually get reversed. Seems they are all over the place when it comes to this situation...

12. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thankfully all my prior resort fees and future internet fees were comp'd by my host on the backend at the end of the trip. But yeah it seems they're all over the place

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.