1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

studio B buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by drfishalot, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drfishalot

drfishalot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read somewhere that they have lobster on the buffet on weekend nights (fri-sun). However I have read some reviews and no one is mentioning the lobster. Has anyone been there on a seafood night and know the answer to this question? If so, I may have to drive down there on my upcoming trip in 9 days :)

2. lmw32

lmw32 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there last friday evening. Did NOT see lobster unless I missed it in a stew or salad. crab legs, shrimp, oysters... the usual stuff.

3. drfishalot

drfishalot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Darn, was it worth the drive then?

4. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it is worth the price better than ceasers was. It has many options seafood and others. Beer and wine is included and fancy cofee also.
    Sometimes the line is long and sometimes it isn't. Tough call on timing.

For the money I think the Orleans seafood night is the best in town but the M is larger and I would say a little higher in quality and quantity.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went a a good while ago and they didn't have lobster, then either. But they have any other type of seafood in abundance. I was well worth it. I don't think I would travel out of my way for any buffet even with seafood but M is of a quality that it is worth hitting if you are gambling at M or doing other things in the area.

6. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What you read was probably a post or report from about 2 or so years ago. For a while the M Buffet had a special $49 holiday buffet which included lobster, They then expanded it for a about 6 months to also run on the weekends. Not anymore, although maybe the holiday one will come back near Christmas. The weekend seafood buffet they run currently isn't $49, and doesn't have lobster.

This is from Mother's Day weekend 2012. The lobsters were brought out split in half, on a tray, and were quickly taken. So, they were freshly cooked, and better than I expected them to be.

IMG_0670.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  7. nickmitch213

nickmitch213 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have a chance to taste the lobster yet!

8. ruralhipster

ruralhipster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there in September and it was still a decent value for the money. The crowd is on the older and more frugal side so if you hate lines avoid the late afternoons about 1/2 hour before the lunch price jumps to supper prices. If you are a slot player the points required for a free buffet are quite reasonable.

I personally didn't like any of the wines but the beer and cider were decent and I think they might have had a draft root beer.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.