1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using points for hotel stays

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Vtamanda, Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vtamanda

Vtamanda VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking at Marriot points and discovered they can be used for the Cosmopolitan.
    Then i read a TR that said IHG points can be used for Venetian/ Palazzo.

What other strip properties take points from other places?
    if this has been discussed, can someone link me?
    Thanks!

Dita show, Girls trip!
    Twentieth Anniversary Extravaganza
  2. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can use Hyatt points for MGM properties.

3. freez111

freez111 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hilton honors at elara, tropicana and sls

choice hotels at downtown grand

4. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

I have a hobby of churning credit card offers and redeeming bonuses. This has allowed me to fly all over the world, mostly in first and business class, and never pay out pocket. It allows me to stay at four and five star hotels the same way. I'm well versed and familiar with most hotel and airline point systems and loyalty programs. And here's the deal, Vegas hotels are a terrible use if your points. The point to dollar ratio gives you an atrocious redemption rate on your points. For example, Cosmo is a Category 9 hotel on Marriott's rewards chart. That means one night will cost you 40-45,000 points per night. Cosmo terrace studios and one bedrooms usually run $150-$250 per night, rarely more. And you likely couldn't book an award stay on peak dates anyway. For the same amount of points, you could stay at the Marriott Paris Champs-Elysees*($500+/night), Grosvenor House in London ($1,000+/night), or The Cove at Atlantis. Now, if you're not much if a traveler then by all means redeem for Vegas.

5. Vtamanda

Vtamanda VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting point. We only just realized we have accumulated points at marriot and wyndham. My husband travels for work and we just never really thought about it. This year has been more travel than usual. We have been considering atlantis, so i will check that out. And we aren't much of travelers, with 3 little kids at home. . . The time and the investment is hard to come by. Thanks for your thoughts. I need to become more educated about it all, because Lord knows, we rack up some credit card points too.

Dita show, Girls trip!
    Twentieth Anniversary Extravaganza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.