1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Absinthe or Raiding the Rock Vault

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by COnative, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COnative

COnative Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all! We are going to be in LV 11/6-11/9. I am debating between these two shows for Saturday night of our trip. We are CET Diamond players but have never used the show perk. Is Absinthe part of the free tickets? If so, do you think we should pre-book or do it when we are there?

IF we choose the RRV, what seats are best? I keep reading that it doesn't matter and you could be upgraded when you get there. Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks!

2. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe is not part of the Diamond.
    Here is the link for the latest. It can change slightly each month. (Post #5)
    https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?125679-2-for-1-show-tickets-for-CET-Platinum

I have not seen Absinthe but have heard great reviews. Very raunchy.

Have seen Raiding the Rock Vault 2x & would again--LOVED it. Took DM70 in May & DH52 in July. Both really enjoyed it. Even DM said she knew nearly every song. We got $10 tickets for their 500th show celebration in May. Wished we had gone Saturday & then gone AGAIN for $10 on Sunday. Remarkably the theatre was not full. It is not a large theatre so all seats are fine. Had GA for both shows (bought through Living Social for July). DM & I were mid theatre. DH & I we all dressed up & I think that helped us get seated RIGHT by the stage. It was awesome! (although everyone looked a lot younger from mid theatre, lol!)

3. COnative

COnative Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KKB I heard the RRV is 2 hours long. Is this pretty accurate?

4. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost exactly 2 hours. And you aren't ready for it to end!

5. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A bit more on RRV

This is more of a concert than a show...there is a small story line.
    Nearly every musician was IN a rock band--from Bon Jovi to Asia to Def Leppard. One female vocalist is from a cover band but she is AMAZING.
    Basically it covers every major rock hit from All Right Now by Free through the 80s. We all know them, no matter what genre is your fav (I was alternative rock chick in the 80s, and I knew EVERY ONE--and virtually all the words!) There are visuals behind the musicians, often with facts about the band, the song or current events of the time.
    As said, I LOVED it--honestly, I would go every time I was in Vegas. DM & DH aren't as "musical" as me, but both agreed it was a great show.

6. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which female vocalist are you talking about? I saw it 2X with Carol-Lynn Liddle she was fantastic, but I didn't see her as one of the vocalists any more. I have tickets for Thursday night for my third time. My choice would be RTRV, but Absinthe is good too. They are too different to compare.

7. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it was Carol-Lynn; I don't see her name either. That would be too bad. But the list only has 1 female vocalist listed, that is surprising.
    We did have some different musicians in the 2nd show, so it seems they rotate.
    Let us know about the female vocalist after you see the show Thursday!

8. WhskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhskeyTangoFoxtrot MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does RRV go through February?

I know some shows are dark then....hoping this isn't one of them.

9. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Highly recommend RRV. Top notch show. As mentioned above, more of a concert. We booked cheap tickets on Travelzoo, walked in a few minutes before show time. Guy at the door asks us if we want a table by the stage, and we get literally right in front of the stage. It was awesome. It took me about 15-20 minutes to get really into the show (I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the really early rock stuff)...but by the time the show got into the 70's I was rocking. As said above, you won't want it to end. My advice would be to get the cheap travelzoo offer, and arrive shortly before show time cause they'll be looking to fill any unfilled tables. We're going back again for sure. For the price, I'm not sure you'll find a better value on the strip. We've paid 4-5x as much for shows I could have walked out on midway through.

10. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do. If the current female vocalist can match "Alone" by Heart that would be great. I watched a Youtube of it and it certainly doesn't do her live performance justice.

11. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carol -Lyn has left the show, ~ Cian Coey and Stephanie Calvert alternate the female vocals
    I haven't heard either of them only Carol-lyn 3x

RTRV is an amazing show , they do change up the line up from time to time
    Tracii Guns is performing now , and Doug Aldrich will be back in November , also

I dont' see any shows past Dec , nothing on the website either

I have purchased via groupon and sat right up front .... just redeem coupon at box office , doesn't have to be same day.
    I also purchased ROCKStar package direct from website, includes a meet n greet before hand and 2cds and a program, (which you can get signed after the show)

I've not seen absinithe so can't comment on it

12. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WhskeyTangoFoxtrot, Vegas.com are now selling tickets up until March, fantastic news as we are coming over from Scotland in Jan. and we will be going to see it for the third time!

13. COnative

COnative Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you everyone! Now it is time to make the decision! :) IT seems as if I can't go wrong.

14. WhskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhskeyTangoFoxtrot MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

YAY!!!!! Thank you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.