1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Members Query: Which Is Your Favorite Hotel Consolidator?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Nick61, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First, thanks for your help, we love to pick the brains of our valued intelligent members here. We'd love to find a site that consistently offers lower prices--if such a creature exists.

We're just wondering if any of you have any hidden gems in terms of this category? We usually gear our trip around whichever hotel offers good value price wise. But we don't always necessarily stay at the cheapest places. We'll stay at the El Cortez, we'll stay at the Venetian, depending on the discount.

We're definitely not in the category of the comped gambler hotel guests. So we spend a lot of time shopping for hotel bargains (out of necessity).

We usually go to Vegas every December. And we've noticed this year, while prices are still great compared to other times during the year, they are clearly higher this December than previous years. Thanks again.

2. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Priceline (name your price), Hotwire and trivago are three sites I like to use. I've used them to book a hotel in Vegas however. Check betterbidding.com to get a better idea of what hotel you might get when using Priceline and Hotwire.

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never liked those for Vegas because their star ratings and what they consider the strip can be divergent from the mainstream. I would lean towards Hotwire just because you can see amenities up front and that may clue you in with help from betterbidding.com.

4. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, it's much appreciated.

5. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before we used to get comped rooms I used a site called Early Vegas. They listed promo codes that you used directly with the hotels. One time we booked MGM for 5 nights that included food for $39 bucks a night. I asked when we checked in how the free food worked and it was for the buffet at MGM and we could eat breakfast, lunch and dinner every day and just charge to the room and it would be wiped off at check out. By the third day we were getting a little tired of the buffet but it was awesome at check out when they took a little over $700 bucks for all the buffets and I was left with a bill for around $250.

Mark

6. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always book directly with the hotel unless you like staying in the shittiest room they have available.

This also applies to Early check-in, at least in my experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.