1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynncore changes

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Dean Martin, Oct 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from Encore and they closed the Wynn buffet on the 21st for remodeling. Never cared for it personally but maybe it will be nicer when it reopens and not feel like a hospital cafeteria.

They're also closing Botero soon and will be remodeling it to be the new Encore café where you can also eat outside like the Wynn café. Great move in my opinion.

Society Café will close in December when the new café opens. I heard that space may become a new HL room or possibly a poker room.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think most of this was reported last month in a thread regarding the poker room, except the part about the buffet. Did the hotel indicate when the buffet will re-open?

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just looked on the Wynn website and the buffet is scheduled to re-open Nov 23

The plans have changed
  4. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn it!
    I don't know what I am going to do next week. I am a buffet addict, only eat at buffets.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whew, just in time for my arrival in Vegas on November 24th. I emailed my Wynncore host last night asking if the slot tournament would be going on Thanksgiving week. The 2 buffets for 500 points promo is now only done in the context of the slot tournament so on days when there is no tournament (like in August, there were no tourneys on Sundays) there's no comped buffet/500 point promo. Will share that news when I get it.

I like the prime rib special in Society Cafe. Will have to try it in November before it closes in December. It is really nice though that there will be a cafe at Botero/in Encore. I mostly game in Wynn but love the Encore Tower Suite rooms/service and the Encore spa. Sounds like great news all around!

6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going with some friends that love the Wynn buffet. I broke the news to them this morning and they were very disappointed.

The plans have changed
  7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you have one of the updated rooms, Dino?

I really enjoyed my one dinner at Botero. But it's pretty superfluous with SW and Country Club next door.

8. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My one and only visit to this buffet and I got the hospital cafeteria feeling also. The food was good though. Hope the remodel is more to what one expects of places like the Wynn.

9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to say this, if you guys think the Wynn is like a hospital cafeteria, I am visiting people at the wrong hospitals.

The remodel should be good, though. It'll be interesting to see whether they go more towards the small-plates thing that made Bacchanal and Wicked Spoon so popular, or if they just stick with the high-end-but-still-a-buffet model that Steve originated with Bellagio.

10. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The buffet is only closed for a month, so there is not enough time for a significant "remodel". I expect more of a refresh with much of the work being in the behind the scenes area with the kitchen equipment. I agree with 44inarow that the current look is fine. My favorite part of the buffet is the atrium room with the fruits/flowers. I was taking some pictures thinking this would be the last time I would see this room like this when one of the workers told me that they expected no major changes in this room.

11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I read the announcement, something made me think it would be more menu based than decor based. But they will probably do a fresh coat of paint at a minimum.

12. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Society Cafe and am disappointed about it closing. Hopefully the place replacing it will be just as good!

13. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carve - the new technology in the room was pretty cool. All touch screen now and you can control the room lights to be on, off or all on low. Plus you have control of the heat/AC and they made the curtains and sheers completely silent as they open and close. Leave it to the eccentric Steve Wynn to spend money on something like that but I have to admit it was pretty cool.

For me, that cafeteria look comment is because of that funky sea foam green color.....just give me that feeling like I'm in a hospital for some reason.

I really like the Society Café too but it was pretty crowded a lot of the time so I think it's a great move to make it bigger and have some outdoor seating, which the Botero space will provide.

14. bubbalv

bubbalv Low-Roller

Is this new tech in the Wynn rooms, or just Encore?

15. suebee

suebee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was in my Wynn room in August.

16. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be staying at the Wynn in December and plan to try the buffet after the redo.
    Curious if anyone knows whether slot tournaments are held in December? If so, is at the Wynn or Encore? Do you have to play in a tournament to get the free buffet after earning 500 points?
    Didn't see anything about it on their website other than the $100,000 slot tournament invitation only at the Encore.

17. armaste

armaste Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there in october, not sure if they will have the tournament in December. When I registered for the tournament I received the 2 buffet tickets, so you don't have to play the tournament.... hope this helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.