1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

06/06/06 Ten year ann coming up.

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by Jade88, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade88

Jade88 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My hubby and I thought it would be fun to renew on Friday the thirteenth. If you married in 06 What are your plans for the big Ten year? Are there any other 06/06/06 couples who married in Vegas, and are planning on going back for a vow renewal.

2. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We married in 05 and will be in Vegas next week for our 10 year. Can't wait. We don't have a ton of plans, because we find our best Vegas trips are the spontaneous ones! Early congrats and enjoy the vow renewal!

Taking the wife to a work conference
  3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is not a snarky response, just one of curiosity. What is the purpose of renewing your vows? An excuse to party, or what? I never got the concept and we are coming up on 34 years.
    Congrats on your upcoming 10 year.

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never understood a vow renewal either. For some, it might be a wedding they never got to have? Personally, we just celebrate with anniversary vacations. This year is 15, and we're hoping for London :)

5. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, never understood a renewal. Only time I've been to one was my grandparents when they celebrated their 60th, they did a renewal then, but I think it was more an excuse to get all their kids and grandkids and great-grandkids together for a reunion and let all us young'uns witness a lasting love, marriage, etc.

Taking the wife to a work conference
  6. Jade88

Jade88 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For us it's symbolic. We made it to ten years, will be back in Vegas and thought it would be a fun thing to do. Go down the zip line, or do a goth wedding. Our fist one was very short, they were super busy that day,and it was HOT. I didn't even take a lot of pics. I was on the fence about it because of the cost, but with things like the wedding wagon it can be easily done.

7. Jade88

Jade88 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Speaking of symbolic, What if we just bought new rings and found a place to put a Love Lock. Maybe put our names and the dates on. I just need to get ideas of where we might be able to place one that the city won't mess with. Maybe downtown?? Ideas please.

8. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please, do a vow renewal before you litter a town with a "love lock". They are destructive visual "noise". If you want a love lock somewhere, do it in your own backyard. It's as much vandalism as spray painting a bridge.

9. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a "devil" of an anniversary! I wasn't married on that date, but I remember where I was on 06/06/06. Stayed in Canal Park in Duluth, MN. I still have the dated parking pass as a souvenir! Best wishes on your planning!
    -Richard

10. tldbucs

tldbucs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the idea of renewing your vows. I think it shows how strong your love has grown and is reasurring to your significant other that after x amount of years that the love you felt then is still as strong if not stronger than ever. I'm happy for you and think you can celebrate however you choose. IMO

11. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were married in '96 so next year will be our 20th. We toyed with the idea of inviting some friends to meet us in Vegas, and having a cocktails and hors d'oeuvres party in a wraparound at Cosmo, but now are thinking about Europe instead. He's never been and it's been ages since I have. Plus, I also turn 50 next year and we are doing a destination party for that, so I doubt our friends want to spend the money for two different parties.

Congrats on making it (almost) to 10!

12. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got married in '06 and are kicking the idea of a vow renewal in Vegas around as well. We'll be in Aruba on our actual 10-yr Anniversary in January but it would be far too expensive to have friends join us there so are thinking of May so weather will be nice for friends who would be joining us. Perhaps a cheesy Elvis officiant or the Rockstar wedding at Tropicana.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.