1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monte Carlo Resort Fee

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by VegasLover8, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

What does the MC resort fee include? I looked at the MC website and all it says is "A $28 (tax inclusive) Daily Resort Fee is applied to each room. Includes amenities that are sure to enhance your experience at Monte Carlo"

Just wondering if there will be bottles of water. I will be doing the Pedialyte thing before bed and wondering if I need to stop at Walgreens or something beforehand.

Also not sure if this matters, but the room is comped. I will be taking it over from my friend since he is leaving Vegas early. Do comped rooms get resort fees waived? I don't want to "mess" anything up like if I sign into the wireless or something like that.

Since the room is comped, will I get any of the amenities that will enhance my experience at MC? or will they not apply since the resort fees are waived?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monte Carlo used to give out free water as part of the resort fee, but stopped a few years ago. It now should include the usual: internet (most likely wired), spa, gym, etc.

But if you do need water there is a CVS right out front on The Strip and an ABC across the street, so it won't be too much of a haul to get some and take back to the room.

As for waiving the fee: more than likely you will need to pay the resort fee. I've stayed there in the past where they have waived the fee and then other times when they charge it, but more often than not they charge it.

3. DavidandNatie

DavidandNatie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last spring, I received two bottles of water, two coffee packets to make coffee in the room, two vouchers for either coffee at Sambalatte or cocktails at the lounge, wireless internet in top floors and a daily newspaper. Also access to the fitness center and pool. This summer, they stopped giving water, coffee, newspaper and the coffee vouchers. So, I don't expect anything now other than the fitness center and pool.

4. chipspew

chipspew Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this an anti hangover thing or....? (thought it was just for dehydrated, sick kids?)

5. BadKarma

BadKarma Vegas Degenerate - Still Royal Flushless

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was there just before Labor Day.
    No more bottled water, wireless internet in room is available on almost all floors.
    Resort fee was charged as usual. Room check-out via TV was non-existent. But did check-out via email.

6. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Thanks to everyone who responded for the info and the heads up.

Is it like Total Rewards in regard to what level you are on whether they waive the resort fee? I'm not sure what level my friend is. But it sounds like I might owe him some money since it is his comped room.

Never tried it, but read here on the board and on the internet that it prevents hangovers

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, Monte Carlo is the one MLife property that seems to be totally random as to whether you have to pay the resort fee or not (random, but leaning towards having to pay it). My MLife card is gold and of the last six times staying there I've paid the fee four times.

8. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Ok. Thanks

9. stev0ftw

stev0ftw Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the $20 sandwich. Ask specifically if they can do anything about the resort fees. It's worked every time I've had a comp room at MC. Good luck.

10. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You get internet, gym, and if you ask nicely-- a kick in the balls.

11. SW

SW Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't shoot the messenger but . . . MC's resort fees are now $33.60.

12. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally, a comped room does not mean a waived resort fee. But with some decent play you can contact a host at the end of your trip and they usually wave the resort fee at the back end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.