1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How long after trip do CET room comps show up in calendar?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by wishman35, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I normally do not play at CET but just returned from my trip and spun about $4500 through the slots. How long after the trip do you find yourself seeing any potential room comps to plan for the next trip? I stayed at Paris and mainly played at Paris and loved it.

Thanks!

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is tough to pinpoint but generally I'd say about 3 days to a week.

3. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bummer. Nothing has changed. Everything looks the same. Not a single 'COMP' shows up on my calendar. My friend coins in 1/4 of that and gets free low level room nights. I did come out a little ahead but does that really make a difference? I gave CET all of my play this trip but if I cannot get even a night or two comped at Harrah's after playing through $4000-5000, then I guess I just go back to Cosmo... I spread the play out evenly and played on my arrival date AND my departure date. Ended up with about 1000 tier credits

I cannot find a number to discuss with Total Rewards either, I know I am at low roller status by far - but I would just like to know what it takes to get a $25 room comped in December..

4. Champ

Champ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played about $200 coin-in at Caesars on the 7th and had comps on the calendar as of the 10th.

5. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $4500 coin in on slots is about 900 tier points. It's not enough to generate "Instant" promo's. Even with that small amount of play, YOu will get offers for November and december, especially the period between thanksgiving and christmas which tends to be a slow time of year in vegas and the weather can be so-so.

6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Over how many days? If 3 or more, IMHO you won't see any until November or December.

300TC a day isn't a lot . . .

7. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not disputing that it isn't alot at all, but I personally witness far smaller amounts of play getting low level CET room nights in the rate calendar (and you hear about it around here all of the time). Not a big deal, just strange

8. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember I received CET offers when I only had like 80 TC.
    Maybe now they are tightening the comps after bankruptcy.

9. LOCALGAMBLER77

LOCALGAMBLER77 Local Las Vegan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sorry to disagree with others who have already posted, but I have seen CET take from 6 to 8 weeks to offer comps after a trip. But, others have experienced faster I see.

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was this your first time ever playing there? You only earned 40 tier points that day (20 if you play VP) and you got an actual comped room??? You're not confusing $200 coin-in with losing $200, right?

I earn 20 Tier at VP per day in Vegas usually, and they just laugh at me mostly. I guess I got $20 off a night on the weekend at Linq last time vs. not logging in...but it definitely was not a "free room". On weekdays, we often get crap like $4 off since that is 40% of our rough daily theo anyway. What we and other fleas/low rollers also widely varies on supply/demand on the calendar.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  11. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you signing into your Total Rewards account under "My TR" and clicking on "My Offers" to see what's there? We never bother with the room rate calendar.

Paris is aiming quite high. You would do better looking at Harrah's, Bally's, Rio, Linq, and Flamingo.

- bcc

12. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is Paris better then Flamingo or the Linq?
    I have never stayed at Paris. maybe I should give it a try

13. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found that right when I get back from a trip the calendar shows comped rooms for just about every CET hotel than the one in which I just stayed. I booked our next May trip within 2 days of returning from this year's trip. We stayed at Paris and Paris was available but an overall higher price than Caesars. 2015's May trip was booked the day we returned in 2014 with 5 nights comped.

14. Champ

Champ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was my first time playing there, yes. I had signed up for a Total Rewards card previously (they had a 2008 address on file) for a buffet coupon offer, but never played at a CET property. I was at Caesers for a convention, and during lunch on the last day I dropped $20 into a slot and played for about 15 minutes until it was gone. My actual loss was only that $20. I went from 0 points to just over 40 points. That was all the playing I did.

When I check my account now it shows 87 points. I'm not sure why it went up 40+ points after leaving Vegas... maybe some sort of bonus I wasn't aware of.

Screenshot_2015-10-14-06-16-29.jpg Screenshot_2015-10-14-06-17-26.jpg Screenshot_2015-10-14-06-25-26.jpg

15. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bummer. I'd keep checking now and then in case it changes, and ignore them completely until it does.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live and what would your play history look like to Total Rewards (when, if ever, have you used the card before for anything?). I have wondered in the past if the calendar software also targets people by how far away they are (ie: how difficult to entice), and how often they tend to visit, because we have heard of other players who don't get much in the calendar.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They basically are considering you a new member I'd think, and I would say this is a hell of a teaser offer. 40 TCs a day typically won't keep generating free rooms. But I've heard of people getting the lower end properties comped for about 200 TCs/day, maybe even less.

And did you attempt to book multiple days on it? Could you get 5 in a row free? If so, I'd plan another trip to Vegas quick!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  17. Champ

Champ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played around with multiple days and was able to book 4 in a row for free (besides resort fee/tax) and the 5th was just over $5. My wife and I are figuring out when to go back!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.