1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NYNY What do you think? Is it worth it? Pre Registration UPGRADE cost

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by daveg000, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  2. monkeyshed

monkeyshed Highest Vegas Slot Jackpot in 45 Trips = $650

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did a Spa Suite last year. It was very nice. If I had the opportunity, I'd definitely pay $39 extra per night for that over the basic room.

3. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After spending half the summer climbing all over that massive erection of yours, you should definitely treat your wife to the spa suite.

4. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in almost all types of rooms in NYNY. The Madison Avenue basically gives you more space; I feel is the best upgrade to pay for --> make sure to ask for a corner Madison room - where there are windows on two sides of the room (thus corner). This will give you the maximum value for the upgrade. There may be one drawback, however, since sometimes these rooms are located at the end of a maze-like hallway. This didn't bother me at all.

One other item to request is as high a room as possible (above floor 30) in certain towers (Chrysler comes to mind). At that point the buildings start to get smaller (coming to a point), thus less rooms are on these floors. If you get high enough, you can get 4 room in total on the floor, with one on them generally a Madison and/or Spa Suite.

I have lots of info on other rooms too, just ask!

A Spa Suite is basically a Park Avenue with a bit more space for a Spa Jacuzzi in the main room. Not worth the extra money (unless the 'tub' is important to you).

5. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am always leery of those offers that include "from" 39 $ or 10 $ or whatever. Seems like they are not what you are being advised to seek above. More middle of the hallway, lower floor, etc. But maybe not---let us know what the skinny actually is when you return.
    '
    Good luck!!

6. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are right! After much consideration (I did it as soon as I got the Email) I decided that since my wife's next favorite thing to Physical manual Labor up high in the air, is laying in a hot tub soaking those abused muscles and joints, I upgraded to the SPA SUITE.

That clover shape spa sold me. I would like to soak my sore joint and muscle also!

7. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since my normal room request the last few years has been "Close to the elevator" ( my wife had a hip replacement, which I'm glad to say is finally not much of an impediment, she was much better on the scaffold this summer) we have had some strange rooms.

Last spring it was next to a freight elevator at NYNY.

Here's an pictorial example of a close to the elevator request at Golden Nugget:

[​IMG]

Hears one from the Bellagio:

[​IMG]

Not that we cared about the view. But I will try to figure out the angle and report back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.