1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurant for Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by FolsomMike, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FolsomMike

FolsomMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm planning my first Turkey Day trip to Vegas (due to my wife's school schedule) and wondering where to eat. I'm assuming all the buffets add the traditional dishes but any thoughts on upscale restaurants that do it right?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Cirque

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I just had to cancel my October trip to LV because of work (ARGH -- was pumped about the Wynn drawing too) but I was able to confirm a Thanksgiving and was wondering the same thing.

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you want a cooked to order meal or a meal with a limited TG menu?

We ate TG at CC steakhouse last year and might go back again this year. It's a limited menu, traditional sit down TG dinner. It's quick because the food is cooked. I mean, they're not going to cook a whole turkey just for you but it's really good and it's a relaxing environment once you get inside the steakhouse and away from the chaos that is CC.

5. FolsomMike

FolsomMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Either is OK; just wondering about my options.

6. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In about a month restaurants will start posting their Thanksgiving menus online along with prices.

Bill

7. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost all will have an all included traditional turkey meal.
    I've been to Tender's several times which has a very good tradition Turkey meal at a reasonable price. It comes with an all included price. Book early for any of these as they do tend to fill up.

8. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any buffet will do.

9. retiree52

retiree52 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lawry's has a great traditional thanksgiving dinner. Reservations required

10. FloppedASet

FloppedASet Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanksgiving in Vegas has become some what of a tradition for me and my folks, Grandparents live in the area so it makes it nice and convenient after a long years work to spend a few days in beautiful LAS VEGAS.. Anyways We tried Lawry's the prime rib last year for our thanksgiving feast. It was absolutely phenomenal. We have eaten at the big major buffets for years on Thanksgiving, but after last years dinner at Lawry's we've decided were going back.. My Mom and Grandpa got the traditional turkey dinner which i tasted and thought it was fantastic.. But me pops and grandma got nice cuts of prime rib and again nothing short of Excellent.. I def recommend this place.. Im not sure if its cause i was drunk or just having a great time in vegas when we ate there, but sheesh my favorite thing that i have raved about all year since we ate it last November was the Gosh Darn Yorkshire pudding made from the prime rib juices holy cow.. Thing was beyond incredible.. I noticed towards the end of this ive been rambling which i do apologize about.. So to keep with he thread i 100% recommend Lawrys for your Thanksgiving day FEAST

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buffet lines will be long-all day long.

Many restaurants have a special menu. A few years back when we went, they did not post them until at least mid november.

12. FolsomMike

FolsomMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the menus aren't posted until mid November is it safe to wait until then to make a reservation? I usually make Vegas dinner reservations weeks in advance.

13. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Start watching the sites of restaurants you like. Some will post their Thanksgiving menus the first week of November. If you wait until the summary lists come out in the press mid-November, the better (high end like Giada) restaurants will already be gone.

Bill

14. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Veranda in The Four Seasons. A reservation would be required.

15. valsdad

valsdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will want a place that takes reservations. Buffet lines will be looong. The Mandarin has a nice if somewhat pricey brunch.

16. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can wait. Dinner time on TG is a lot wider range than usual. Typically, dinner hours are 5:00 to 10:00 at most restaurants. For TG, the restaurants open much earlier at 2:00 or 3:00 and since a lot feature prix fixe menus, the food is pre-prepared and they are able to turn the tables over quicker. OpenTable will have a special page with Vegas restaurants with TG specials. You have to be patient. The first week of Nov, you might only see 10 restaurants and not all are very clear about what they are offering. But by the week of TG, there might be about 30 or 40 restaurants with TG specials. I'm going to be hard pressed to not be back at Circus Circus again this year.

17. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a nice Thanksgiving dinner at Mon Ami Gabi a couple of years ago, which included an appetizer and dessert along with the usual Thanksgiving dinner fare...cost was less than $45 per person. I have never seen buffet lines as long as on Thanksgiving...HUGE...2 to 3 hour wait. Buffet lines were full of Las Vegas locals...I don't think anyone in Las Vegas cooks dinner at home on Thanksgiving.

18. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the beauty of it!
    You wait in line for breakfast, when you finally get in, time for dinner!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.