1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

FanDuel/DraftKings?

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by joshk, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshk

joshk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone on here actively or casually play any daily Fantasy sports? I started playing during this NFL season, but have already found the big tournaments seem to be dominated by those with huge bankrolls who enter 100s of lineups hoping one cashes high.

It is fairly easy to cash in big tournaments though. The $25 million dollar FanDuel tourney only required you place in the top 55,000 to get a win ($40).

2. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

I've played for a few years now. I have accounts on both, but I strongly prefer DK. Their GPP's usually have larger pools. I also like their salary structure much better.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've dabbled in DK the past 2-3 months, haven't tried FD yet. It's fun to throw a few bucks out there each week. I did some baseball and PGA initially, now NFL. When you look at the lineups of those that win big each week they'll always have some relatively obscure players who have big weeks. Like any other kind of gambling it's fun if you don't get in over your head.

Be aware that their deposit bonus is earned slowly over time. It's not like you deposit $200 and get another $200 right away.

4. Shipppp09

Shipppp09 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume draft kings is not available in the UK? Fantasy football (soccer) is big over here in the UK and a site like that for us Brits would be massive imo.

5. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Started with $100 on DK last year. Lost every week but 1, but won $5700($5 and$3 games)came in 1st and second that week. Took out $5000. Left rest in to play. Down to around $300 left. Haven't been close since win. But all it takes is one time to hit it big. Had to email them copy of license, but was paid the same day through paypal

6. voltron12

voltron12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started on both when they both came out. I am a big sports prop betting person. Since that involves betting on players over/unders or player vs player, it was easy to find advantages early on. Most of the people playing were pretty clueless. Over the years people have got much, much better. It was taking to much time so I quit until last year I found a new daily site that was giving away some money. I tried it and I dont do the cash games but the big guaranteed tournaments have massive overlay every week. Only fills about 60% of the fields. So for nfl there is good money to be made. Since about 28% get paid, with only 60% in the field, you just need to beat a little over half to double your money, and if you have a good week you can make some real nice money. They only have a 25.00, 12.00, and 5.00 that are huge fields with the overlay. You can enter up to 20 lines for each. I do about 10 for each with various combinations of lineups. I would do more but I just dont have the time and the site is horribly slow for making last minute changes. I wont give the name of the site on here because it has just been to profitable and I kinda dont want this easy money to end. Here is an example of this weeks numbers. For the 100,000 guarantee 12.00 entry fee. 5187 entered. top 2315 cash. for the 250,000 guarantee 25 buy in. 6180 entered top 2780 cash. For week 1 and 2 the people entered was even lower but little by little they are creeping up. With the 20 max entries though and draftkings and fanduel being beasts, as long as they keep having these large guarantees here there is easy money be had. I also have been paid many time by them via paypal. You do get a tax form from them at the end of the year. My payments have been in the thousands last year and this year. Takes about a 1-2 days to get the money to paypal. If anyone really wants to know the name of the fantasy site you can pm.

7. JaxxLV

JaxxLV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

How are the sites making money on that 250K guarantee with only a $25 buy in and 6180 entries? Is $25 just the min. buy-in? Some pple go in for much larger amounts or are they making it up in ad rev?

8. voltron12

voltron12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Draftkings and fanduel are making millions. They are pumping a ton back into promotion right now but are probably still killing it. The daily fantasy site That I was talking about is new so they are just trying to attract people hoping their site will be as big as those other 2 some day. In all the daily or weekly fantasy games the entry fee is a set amount. Everyone pays the same. The site I am talking about is losing a ton of money every week. On the 250,000 guarantee for instance 6180 entries there should be 154,500 in the prize pool but they guarantee 250,000. So almost 100,000 extra money to pay out on that weekly tournament every week. Like I said, that is why I got back into playing again, that kind of extra money is hard to pass up playing. And that is why I dont want to just post it on here because I would like it to last the rest of this year at least. If someone pm's me I have no problem telling people just dont like it out on a public forum for awhile.

9. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played 3 this weekend, ive won on 2, and the last one is for tonight only so we shall see how I do :)

10. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you tell me what 3 dollars times 58k entries are.......and its guaranteed 40k.... there ya have it... you can do math i know :)

11. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only play in weekly private leagues with friends. The juice they charge is pretty ridiculous. Below are a few articles about DK/FD.

https://dfsreport.com/6840/fanduel-draftkings-mishaps/

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-10/you-aren-t-good-enough-to-win-money-playing-daily-fantasy-football

Both companies seem pretty shady. I would never play in the larger public tourneys as I think you have to be extremely lucky to win anything significant if you're a recreational player.

This fantasy boom reminds me a lot of online poker when it was at its height of popularity. IMO i think they probably shutdown all the sites after a decent size scandal in a couple of years.

12. Brick

Brick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone help me understand how this helps him at all? So he knew who people had on their roster. So what? He had no idea how the players were going to perform on Sunday. To me this is the media making a big deal out of nothing.

14. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comparable projections but lower ownership = more optimal play. But yes, performance will still dictate final result, nothing is guaranteed.

15. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the big difference between regular fantasy and daily fantasy is that you aren't looking for the "best" players. Instead, you're looking for value. Knowing who is drafting whom when will help you identify all the trends, which in turn will help you find the best values.

16. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anyone please make the commercials stop... PLEASE!

17. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anyone please make the commercials stop... PLEASE!

+1

18. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So it is taking one opinion (projections, granted based on some statistics....but still a guess) and comparing them to another opinion (ownership) and somehow having some arbitrage? Aren't the projections and the ownership stats pretty wildly available? Hard to see how there is any advantage.

19. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://deadspin.com/draftkings-employee-with-access-to-inside-info-wins-35-1734719747

This article explained it pretty well for me.

20. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It doesn't seem to have mattered in the least as far as players are concerned. It is being reported that both companies had their best weeks ever this past weekend.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.