1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Likely staying at the LINQ, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jbk1972, Sep 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbk1972

jbk1972 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I am booking trip #9, I walked through the LINQ and was pleased with what they did in the transformation from the IP days. Has anyone on here stayed in the strip view rooms? Are they worth it? Anything else about the rooms? Do they have coffee machines? Any secrets to be revealed?

thanks

2. pswearen

pswearen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed there at the end of June, if they offer you a suite upgrade at a reasonable cost take it. The suite had plenty of room, big bathroom, keurig coffee maker. I was on a comp but they wanted 25 a night for the suite. Would do it again in a heartbeat. The "secret" around back elevators are still there and rarely used it seemed like.

3. jbk1972

jbk1972 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow, just $25/night to upgrade to the suite? I'd do it in a heartbeat. They're giving me 4 nights in the king deluxe for just $112, so I'd do that upgrade.

4. Nedly60

Nedly60 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed there in July. Agree about the hidden elevators...never used by many. TAG bar was great. Excellent bartenders who comped all kinds of great beers for just a little VP play at the bar. If you are driving, the valet was tough to get to, but they were pretty quick getting the car. LINQ promenade was great..Starbucks right in the middle of it for early am coffee....overall, i really enjoyed the LINQ...good vibe...friendly dealers and you can't beat the mid strip location for the price!

5. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best Comp'ed Beer Selections in Vegas at TAG

I am a Fan.

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a coffee bar that transforms into a pizza shop all the way in the back. Both the coffee and pizza were great!

7. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you talking about Nook by the Purple Zebra? I didn't realize they had pizza there!

8. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed there for a second time in September would definitely reccomend staying there. The suites are nice take the upgrade if offered. The secret elevators are not that secret but better than the main ones especially coming down, one time on the main bank staying on 16 we stopped at all but 3 floors and were full after floor 14.

9. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is sounding more and more promising. I'm booked there in a couple of weeks.

10. jbk1972

jbk1972 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, just booked it officially. It was 4 nights comped from Saturday til Wednesday. I just pay $112 for taxes and resort fees. On top of it, I got straight through flights from South Fla on JetBlue for just $220. Great trip ahead!

11. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Nook by the Purple Zebra is really a Nook Express. If you walk past it down the hall further you will find the Nook which has pizza, sandwiches and salads. Towards evening both Nook's have buy one get one free on their pastries. I love milk with my desserts at night so I was glad they also sell milk by the glass there.

12. Snickers99

Snickers99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone here also gave me the tip that sometimes using the elevators by the front desk is better. Much faster / less crowded. BUT, it was quite the walk to my room in District 3. I hate crowds so I traded off the longer walk in the maze to the 'good' elevators to using the slow, crowded elevators.

13. mrjvegas

mrjvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading out to Vegas in about a week. I have been wanting to try the LinQ for my last two trips and kept staying at Caesars. Had a - trip at Caesars so decided to switch it up for the first 4 days and do the LinQ and then it's off to the Nugget for the last 3 days. I will have a Live TR running and will do my best to take photos and give my opinion of the property.

14. RTG10

RTG10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the LINQ back in April for my stag do. Rooms are clean and functional, good value in my opinion. If you use the back elevators look for the set that are in the side corridor behind the main ones. No one seems to know there is an extra set there. The late night food at the cafe near O'Sheas built into the hotel (I forget the name) was really good when your drunk !

15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not stayed there since the transition, however (comma) ...

The elevators I've had the best luck with are the ones waaaaaayyyyy back toward the east end of the towers.

That (slow elevators) has always been my number one complaint about that property.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.