1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria corner suite...worth a $69 upgrade?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by DiggerGRB, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiggerGRB

DiggerGRB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked four nights at Aria at the beginning of November. The total for the four nights including resort fee and taxes is $600 (Sun-Thurs). I received an offer via email today to upgrade to a corner suite for $69 per night. With taxes it would increase my hotel cost 50% ($300). What is your opinion? Is it worth the extra money?

Also as part of my initial booking I receive $150 in resort credits. Does anyone know if I can use the credits toward the resort fee?

Thanks.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, in my opinion, unless having a small extra room is very important to you. To me, the corner suites feel cramped, are a long walk from the elevators, and you don't get any of the other suite benefits (except the fancy toilet). Personally, I would rather spend that money on a better meal each day than a small extra room

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. mephisto2000

mephisto2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Resort credits cannot be used to pay the resort fee.

4. shemesh

shemesh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How is the standard king room? Is there a place for an extra guest to sleep there? i.e. couch?

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really. Other than the king bed, there isn't any furniture you can stretch out on. someone could try curling up in the chair by the window, but I can't imagine that would be a comfy night of sleep

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have an extra guest, you better choose the two queen room.

7. gpburdell

gpburdell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have 3 people in a room; you're better off getting a king and a roll away bed. Rooms with 2 queens usually can't fit a rollaway bed.

8. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would recommend checking to see what the cost of a roll-away bed would be...in the past I've looked into this and the cost can be as ridiculously high as $50 per night. If this is the case I would go with the upgrade to the corner suite. We rented this room a couple of years ago and the sofa in the front room was comfortable enough to sleep on and provided some privacy (if needed) between the two rooms. Might not mention the third person when checking in or check on the maximum allowable per room.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The OP did not mention a 3rd person. To answer that question, we would do it in a heartbeat. My wife and I have different sleeping patterns sometimes....one wakes up early and it is worth the money to sit in the "living room" to watch tv while the other person sleeps.

10. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in exactly the same situation.The extra room,even though it may not be large,is a benefit.
    The"Panoramic Corner Suites"with the pole in the living room are my least favorite.The living room is cramped.
    The other Corners have a larger living room and overall square footage is more.I have been in a couple with a very similar layout to the Aria Suite in the SkySuites just without the other SkySuite Perks.

11. gpburdell

gpburdell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually go to Vegas with my two brothers and at Aria we'll get a rollaway bed and they have always waved the charge. I'm not sure if it's because I'm there on offer or that I always ask nicely about a roll-away (no $20 tip either). I agree though if you're going to pay for a roll-away then paying a little more the corner suite is a no brainer.

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $219 a night is a good price for a Corner Suite in today's market. It's a significant step up from a standard room at Aria. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if you are traveling solo, but if you're going with an SO, I would.

You can't use the Resort Credit to pay resort fees. Read the terms of the offer to see what you can use it for, it can vary by offer.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  13. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They'r nice but are they an extra $69 per night????
    mmmm nah! the stomp from the lifts kills it for me :rolleyes2: tho the fridge is a defo big plus for me :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.