1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Solo, single travelers

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by RPMCanes, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What has your experiences like? For me, this was the first trip that I really didn't enjoy myself. Stayed at Encore Thurs & Fri, and didn't really talk to anyone. All the attractive women seem to be going to the clubs, which is not my thing. Next trip I would prefer to go with people, but my track record at trying to get people to go has not been very favorable. :(

2. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo Blues....

That's too bad, sorry .......lot of money to spend to have a less than optimal time.

I have always enjoyed my solos, but I am married so where the girls are does not come in to play for me......but who am I kidding, I got no play :faint: I am always a bit hesitant to strike up a conversation with a woman anyway, don't want to be misunderstood so most of my random conversations are with dudes in the Book. I have met guys and hung for games and shots over a weekend though.

I have however noted in the past that if you have to talk people in to going, solo turns out way better.

Hope you at least won a bunch !

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest being more inclined to talk to more than "all the attractive women". Its Vegas. There are lots of solo travelers and plenty of people there to have fun. I find other tourists in vegas to be very friendly (unless they are losing badly at gambling). Everyone is there to have a good time, and that usually includes meeting and talking to other people. So just strike up some conversations.

I Need Spa
  4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with UKFanatic that just being open to talking to people makes a big difference. I've made some friends in Vegas by just being open to it. It's often all about your attitude.

An additional suggestion for solo travelers, set up a get-together with other VMBers! I know lots of people here who have met others from the board in town and had an epic time. See the TR section right now if you don't believe me. ;)

I happen to be married to some sort of space-alien who doesn't enjoy Vegas, but I know a group who travel to meet up 2x a year and I try to schedule around them. I think Vegas is probably one of the easiest cities to meet new people because everyone is there to have a good time.

5. mona

mona Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pretty much go solo the past 4 years. Prefer that I can do what I want when I want without having to 'check in' with someone else. I have a tendency to do food court eating when alone. Rather shy don't talk too much to others.

Flamingo with the sibs!!!
    5 nights NYNY!!!
  6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've now been to LV solo several times and never had a bad time, never had any trouble finding something to do.

First solo trip was staying at the Riviera attending a conference at LVCC. By coincidence it was the rodeo finals week and the place was packed with cowboy types. I thought it might be awkward, but these guys were the perfect gentlemen! The type who would hold the door open for you and such.

Since then several times I've flown in early when I've had a business trip and spent the time relaxing and doing my own thing.

7. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not single, but I have a big mouth
    I've had to fend off Cougars and younger types...I also eschew "da club life"
    just let yourself go and they will come *field of dreams*

8. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always go solo. I am lucky in that I overcame my shyness a long time ago and I will talk to anyone about anything. I mostly gamble on my trips and never have a problem striking up conversations with other players, dealers, pit critters and so forth.

I don't sweat the beautiful women, because other than their eye candy value, they are mostly pretty vain and shallow and attached at the hip to a boy toy or equally attractive BFF. You always have a bunch more fun with a 6 than a 10 anyway. If you're young, don't forget that advice.

As far as eating, you can always find a place to eat at the bar. I don't like sitting at a table solo, either. Check out the buffets. If nothing else, they provide fuel.

With drinking, you cannot go balls to the wall. It's something you have to rationalize. You have no backup. You have to exercise some self-control.

You can do whatever you want, whenever you want to do it. There is no one breaking your balls or throwing monkey wrenches into your plans.

You never know what can happen if you open your mind to it.

9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone solo many times and also several times with a friend. One thing for me is that even if I go solo I have a friend who lives in Henderson and we'll meet for dinner. So even if I'm feeling isolated in a crowd I know that I'll at least have one meal with someone I know.

I agree about eating at the bar, even if there are no other diners I find that the bartenders will chat with you. I have also done a VMB get together. It was a few years ago and I wanted to get away from my family for Christmas. I met with a couple who go to Vegas for Christmas every year and another solo guy. We had a nice brunch on Christmas Eve. me and the other guy met for dinner on Christmas itself and then played drunk poker. I had a great time.

Gambling can be a way to meet people. I like to play low limit poker and if the table is relaxed and fun then people will be talkative. But bad beats and bad cards can create a bad vibe, so it can be hit or miss.

But as far as meeting people goes I think that if you're outgoing and good at meeting people then you'll meet people. If you aren't then you won't.

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being single I just about always go to vegas solo. I love it, I'm able to do whatever I want, get up whenever I want, go wherever I want. I have my own routine so having someone with me "cramps" my style. No, I'm not much of a conversationalist so I don't go out of my way to talk to others. If I want some interaction with females I usually will go to strip clubs so I don't have to worry about "game playing". Being over 50, I'm not into the regular clubs or trying to hook up anymore.

11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do a lot of solo travel, all over, more often elsewhere than Vegas but also have dozens of solo Vegas trips under my belt. On my extended trips Terri always tries to fly in for part of the excursion, and that's always a high point. Having said that, I still enjoy getting out there. I play golf so that's a natural icebreaker. I've also taken up cycling again so I like popping by the LBS in whatever town I'm in to kick the tires and chat, and if it's a wine region, there's that. I'm very outgoing so if folks are around it's easy to strike up a conversation, yet if I want to chill and bury my nose in a magazine while sipping or eating, I can do that. I'm not looking for a BFF or someone to dine with the next night, but chatting with whomever is fun and natural; you always have the rest of the evening back at the hotel to numb out to Sports Center or the night's game. I'm married so not looking for anything that direction but would say just being sociable and ongoing and not creepy presents opportunities.

12. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went on a solo trip last year for the first time and didn't enjoy it as much. Maybe because I got my ass kicked at video poker lol.

13. B S

B S MIA

Mouth of a whale...

Let's hit a club next time we are in town together, your treat.

14. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as the gambling is decent and the food is good, I'm cool.

15. UCLAGirl

UCLAGirl High-Roller

I did solo trips just about every other month for two years and really enjoyed every single one up until the last one. I always stayed at the Wynn. I talked to a lot of men and have actually kept in touch with about three, one of which I flew to Atlanta to visit this past weekend. It's possible to meet people in Vegas but focusing on the most attractive ones probably won't yield anything if you are a man who is not offering at the very least drinks and meals. I'm just being honest.

16. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems you prefer to be around people. Maybe next time if you are unsuccessful in getting people to go with you, try hanging out at the bars and play VP. Most likely you'll meet some people to socialize with. (You also might inadvertently meet some hookers too, lol!)

You can also plan a night or two at Gentlemen's clubs.

As far as myself, I love going solo. At home it's always all about my Wife, or family, or friends, or work. I live and work for them. But when I go to Vegas solo....it's. all. about. me! I can relax and pamper myself and do things I don't normally do for myself at home. :thumbsup:

17. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to find a club that allows shopping carts.

Nothing wrong with solo Vegas. It makes moving around super easy.

18. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can both KMA

19. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you went with the sole intent of hooking up with attractive women, and no other means of enjoying the trip (and obv unwillingness to pay), I can see where you may have had an issue.

The beauty of a solo trip is not having to negotiate the agenda. But you still need to have an agenda you want to do that does not depend on others. Do fun things, be social while doing them, and see what happens.

Also, I'm with Camp Rusty on if you twist arms to get people to go, there is as much chance they will detract from your fun as enhance it.

20. B S

B S MIA

Frank's cart outside his favorite club, Club Tunnel.

[​IMG]

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.