1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Beer Garden @ the Plaza

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by retro, Sep 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, hope this is ok. Reading a trip report, I learned that business is slow, that they have a special (maybe happy hour) where you buy a hot dog you get a free beer. My friend Jackie (formerly from the Golden Gate) is now working as a bartender there. She is a sweetheart, if you're DT, please show here some love and stop by to help keep her busy (and in tip money)!
    IMG_3057.jpg

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can see why business is slow. At least during the day in the summer where the beer garden is in direct sun. They need to put in some fake palm trees to provide some shade and some misters and some cool music.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we were there at the end of July, the entire thing was ripped out. No clue what they were doing but the original install isn't that old.

4. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really wanted to like the place.... Gave it a couple tries. Just not good

5. sirlostalot

sirlostalot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If its ripped out, does anybody know what they are using the space for?

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In July, the tables and TVs were gone and all the decking was ripped up. Could all be put back together by now, who knows?

7. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sad little beer garden was just wishful thinking, no one was going to sit outside, in that little penned off area all by themselves, when all the "action" is on fremont street just across the street.

8. yolla0912

yolla0912 Low-Roller

Yeah, we love Jackie here!

- - - Updated - - -

The Plaza in-housed the Beer Garden in the summer which is why you saw all the renovations and we are not done yet!
    a few changes we have made are:
    1. New Grass
    2. Changed the beer selection... we now have the best beer selection in all of Downtown Las Vegas!
    3. There is a new Dome entrance.
    4. We have added a couple of games...Beer pong, Cornhole and there is more to come!

We are still working on a few more changes...Menu and entertainment along with misters and covers for the seasonal changes in Vegas just to name a few.

Don't cross the Beer Garden off your list of things to do in DTLV just yet... there is a lot of positive and enjoyable things that I will keep you updated on as they happen.

9. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as entertainment would you consider live bands with dancing for the patrons. Cover charges is o.k. and understandable. Or a two drink minimum or something.

10. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel bad for Jackie.

Perhaps if you posted a few more pictures we would be able to identify her better and of course, give her the appropriate help.

11. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is great news. I hope it helps to drive more customers there, you've already the right ambassador to represent the business. I'll be out next Saturday to check it out (ok, #1 to see Jackie).

12. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Per request, hope it won't disappoint, but at Plaza, she will be fully clothed. Stop by, have a drink and get to know here. Trust me, you won't be sorry. COgIQiRVAAAGJlG.jpg-large.jpg

13. yolla0912

yolla0912 Low-Roller

We are currently looking into what option would work best to make it a cool and enjoyable place to hang out and have a beer while listening to some good tunes.
    Your suggestions are great and I will make sure that they are forwarded to the appropriate department. I really appreciate your input!

14. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's another of sweet Jackie, just tweeted by the D Hotel. No, she hasn't worked there in a long time, what ever happened to truth in advertising?! Screenshot 2015-09-23 12.13.39.jpg

15. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait, it's been too long. Will get to see for myself how the garden is. Interesting side note, four different tweets ( one by GG on the 9th, 3 by the D yesterday & 23rd) with Jackie in them. She was extremely popular there (are they missing her now) and I'm shamelessly trying to promote some business her way myself.

16. 98green

98green Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your draw is intended to be the quality/variety of your draft beer selection, you need to rotate those kegs and keep the line clean.

I have been to the Beer Garden twice since it opened, and both times I was disappointed by the quality. I selected beers that I know are good from having them in the past, but they were not good at the Beer Garden.

That alone has kept me from stopping by the last few times I've been in town

17. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I've been to the Beer Garden each day of my stay. Very nice, great selection of beers and they tasted great to me. Not only was Jackie working there but also Darlene. Both are real sweethearts. With the festival there was a private party each night so I couldn't stay, but still had plenty of time to catch up and get nice buzz. The girls had to work their butts off for the party, but got great tips, so happy for them!

Jackie & Darlene, two excellent reasons to visit the Beer Garden FullSizeRender-3.jpg

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  18. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just can't this go. Please visit my girls, keep them busy. A couple of the sweetest you'll ever meet. thumb_IMG_4526_1024.jpg

19. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's been my experience as well. Frankly, I'm not inclined to give it a 3rd chance, regardless of who's working there. The quality of the setting, food and the vibe were lacking. It was like minimal funds were invested - and it showed. I can only describe the atmosphere as institutional - like a fast food place with little character or personality to it. Other than downing a quick beer on the way elsewhere, I just can't see hanging out there.

I apologize for being negative about Plaza's Beer Garden. I'm typically quite positive about LV business ventures. It's rare I come across one that I pan.

Bill

20. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Retro, as many times as you have plugged it, I hope you are drinking for free, or getting something else in return. :evillaugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.