1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiant Air Aisle Arm Rest Operation???

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by RedRiverRose, Sep 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully someone knows the answer to this question.

How do you raise the arm rest on aisle seats on Allegiant Air Lines? Several times the attendants said the aisle arm rest does not raise up (this would allow my handicapped husband to slide into the seat from the aisle wheel chair thus making the transfer easy). On one flight from Las Vegas home the attendent walked back to the seat, reached under the arm somehow and raised the arm. I could not get close enough to see how she did it. All others said it couldn't be done. Obviously it can raise it if you know how.

Can anyone give any pointers? Whatever releases the aisle arm is under the arm somewhere (some kind of latch or button). It does not work like the arm rest between the seats. It is different.

Thanks for your help.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about Allegiant, but on SWA at the rear underside of the seat arm (close to the hinge) there is a "latch", that if you push it back, will allow the armrest to be lifted up.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, IIRC, you search for the latch under the arm rest and push it forward, with respect to the plane. It's kind of a semi-circular hook. I know a lot of the planes with Untied do it that way.

4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I knew that was either a forward or backwards push. Heck, if one way doesn't work, then try the other . . . .

5. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all your replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.