1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmopolitan & Resort Fees

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Yiazmat13, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yiazmat13

Yiazmat13 Newbie

So Cosmopolitan takes $30 a night for a resort fee. I'm staying a week, so that's $210. Does this include tax or do I have to add tax on top of that?

If so, how much would I have to hand over?

Also, when do the Cosmopolitan take your resort fee? Is it at Check-In or Check-Out? Just need to know so I can save some cash for checking out (if it is then).

2. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the information you need is on their website. The will put a hold on your credit card at check to cover the resort fees and incidentals charge. The room cost will also be added unless its prepaid or on a comp. Below is a quick copy paste form their website.

RESORT FEE
    Guests will be subject to a nightly resort fee of $30 per room plus applicable taxes.
    INCIDENTALS POLICY
    A valid credit card authorized to cover additional room and tax, plus $150 a night for incidentals must be presented upon check-in.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending on how you make your reservation, the first night room charge, plus tax, and the first night resort fee, plus tax, make up your deposit.

Once you arrive, each additional night's room charge plus tax, and resort fee, plus tax, are added to your bill.

So most of the resort fee gets paid when you check out.

4. Yiazmat13

Yiazmat13 Newbie

Thanks both, but it doesn't help me too much. I should have probably explained a little more.

I am from UK and have no idea how much tax is, so thats the reason I asked how much I would have to pay in regards to the resort fee. I booked my trip as a package by a UK travel agent, so the room is already fully paid for.

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the hotel tax is 12% (over very close to that rate) and it will be charged on the resort fee as well.

6. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct. The "Resort Fee (Tax Included)" line item on my Folio from two weeks ago was $33.60.

7. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DBL check with your booking agent that the resort fee hasn't been included in your package deal

If not then for 7 nights your looking at $235.20 for the week to pay at checkout as per Stingerhooks rates :faint:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.